side mirror

M

megmiser

I live in Canada and have a North American Z (76 280Z 2+2 to be exact). I know that the cars did not proceed down the same design avenue in the late 70s. I have a driver side mirror which the body is made of a black molded plastic, unlike the 240 which had a metal one. I was wondering what the factory mirror was like on the late 70s Z-cars.  I have seen the passenger side one in a brochure for options, but have never found one. Being a left-hand drive, I am hoping your right hand drive cars have the opposite mirror for me. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
David Cheslock

Mr.F

Inactive
As far as I am aware, there is no "official" UK mirror option for the 260Z. The cars arrived without mirrors and the dealers fitted whatever aftermarket mirrors they had available - usually Autosafe (?) or similar. Later, Tex marketed a very similar mirror which then became the Tex Classic. Supplies of this replacement now seem to have dried up - anyone help with a wholesale source of these, as they were always very popular as a match for both 260Z and 280ZX owners.....

datty240Z

Well-Known Forum User
I have several new LH door mirrors that would have been fitted to UK Datsuns in the seventies.  These are the slightly metallic grey plastic ones and not the chrome Autosafe ones.  I have seen pics of the grey ones fitted to earlier Z's.  If anyone wants a pic I can e-mail.  I have no RH ones.

Andrew.