SE Z Meeting

P

p15pathfinder

Today I attended my first SE Z meeting at the Halfway House Brentwood.

I turned up with my wife, parked the car and then looked towards a couple of guys reving a white 300Z. I was just about to speak and one guy looked away from me. Was it my aftershave I thought :confused:

It was quite evident that I was the newbie visitor and as I did not have a clue as to who anyone was I was hoping that someone might come across to welcome a new guest. Did that happen? Did it heck!!!! :mad:

So my wife and I had a quick drink and ****ed off. :unsure: Sorry but I felt that new people should be welcomed into the fold rather than them having to go round and sear ch for someone to chat to. After all if I had done that it would have been rather rude for me to have walked into a conversation that did not involve me.

Mike, if you read this I am not sure if I will be back :( It might be better if I try to organise a SE area meeting for 350Z owners. The users of the 350 site seem a more welcoming bunch :)

Zbirdy

Well-Known Forum User
Oh Dear.

I attended a SEZ meeting some months back for the first time, and didnt have any problems with mixing in with the other chaps, though some new i was going to attend, and I guess im the pushy type.
If I were honest though, I had to do all the introducing myslef, or i would have been a lemon looking at the wall. So maybe there is a lesson here Mike.

Dont give in pathfinder, I bet these fella would be well happy to chat and look at your motor, give it another chance, and dont rush off to quickly next time.

Sorry SEZ, its your own fault, im plugging this. (tee hee)

Look out for the NEW MID KENT AND SURROUNDING AREAS LOCAL CLUB MEETS, WHICH I WILL BE ORGANISING STARTING IN FEBRUARY, IN THE MAIDSTONE AREA. ALL DATSUNS AND NISSANS ALIKE. THERE WILL BE SOME ADS FOR THIS SOON.
TO BE HELD AT COBTREE COUNTRY PARK CAFE. TO WET YOUR APPETITE, ITS GOING TO INVOLVE A SMALL PAYMENT IF YOU ATTEND, AND YOU GET TO CHOOSE ANY SNACK OR MEAL OFF MY MENU. MUSIC, FOOD, CARS, LAUGHTER, WAITRESSES, what more could you want.
Don.

Zbirdy

Well-Known Forum User
Pathfinder, im responding again, cos i think its very important new guys like yourself, dont get too hacked off, dissillusioned, etc, we need every member in this club, as do all clubs, so dont feel your not wanted.

This club does actually offer a great deal, ive only been a member for a year or so, and have met some real nice people, had some real fun at shows, and learnt loads about the cars.
Please look out for the new meeting, your not too far, especially in a 350. and also, do you fancy coming along to the Z CLUB XMAS BASH, on Nov 26th. Its gonna be a real laugh. Give me a buzz and i will fill you in.
Don. 01622 816855.

(Dont forget to try again at the SEZ, really, they are a great bunch)

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
i echo dons words.....dont give up mate. one person may have had an off day! probably carrot crunchers lost their combine harvester....lol:D

Tony 260Z

Club Member
Hi Pathfinder,

I was at SEZ today and I'm very very sorry that this happened. More than a few of us looked at your 350 and I for one thought it was a cracking car. I don't actually know who the white 300 guys were, but I imagine that they - like me - just assumed you knew somebody. We're a friendly bunch really, and not cliquey at all I promise. If I'd known you were new I'd most definately have said hello. I didn't even see anyone in the car so I just thought you were indoors talking to someone else!

Blimey... I might even have bought you a drink :)

So please don't give up. I do understand your annoyance, but don't be shy to stick your nose in and say Hi.

Next meeting come and find me and tell me all about your Z.

TL

P

p15pathfinder

Tony
If that was your 260Z that was parked on the end........ I think it had a Nismo badge on the back, I was stunned as to how bloody good the car looked. Wanna swap??

Tony 260Z

Club Member
Pathfinder - Yup, that was me. Thanks for the kind words :) But no, no swap... although I reckon my Wife would take you up on it. Swapping the car that is :)

(Although judging by the look on her face when I go to a Z meet you never know)

Zbirdy - Blimey? Did I say that? Not for everyone - just for disgruntled Z fans with black 350's!!

Mr.F

Inactive
Hey - serious apologies on behalf of the Group. I was tied up inside with the usual conversations and didn't even know you were there until I saw your car driving away! We welcome all Zs - you can see that the site motto is "One Club, all the Cars!" You would most certainly have got a big welcome from me if I'd known you were there. Please don't let this put you off - we are a friendly bunch really!:eek: