Santa Pod first timer

john-h

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
I'm thinking of having a trip to Santa Pod for the 4th April meeting to spectate. Can anyone give me some idea of the format, what time it starts, is it run in the rain, a rough outline of the rules and classes?
Thanks
John-h

hello mate,, depending on what type of meeting it is it usually pays you to get there for about 8 to half past because if it is a popular meet or a big show the queues can last for hours just to get to the gates, thats with out parking. most of the time racing starts at 10 am and goes on till dusk, unless it rains. i have sat there all day and only seen two cars go down the strip due to bad weather (they do have track dryers). if its run what you brung day its twelve quid for three passes, classes range from street, super street, super gas, funny cars,nitro and blown all the way up to the top fuel rails (magic!!!!!!). different classes run at different meets but i think r.w.y.b days are best, if you like to have a go yourself. your car must be road legal and have no fluid leaks etc. hope this has been some help ,if not contact santa pod on 01234 782828.. hope you enjoy it mate, ive been going since i was a nipper, not a lot of choice when you old man runs a super gas ford pop!!! oops sorry for swearing!!!!!

4th April is a normal RWYB day (Run What Ya Brung). There will be cars of all makes and types and mild to wild tuning stages, but usually all road cars. Occasionally race teams will use a RWYB for a test session.
No drag racing takes place in the rain! In the event of a rain-off, i.e. no cars get to use the track that day, your entry ticket will be valid for another event.
Signing-on requires your driving licence and £15.00. You get a little sticker which allows you into the "fire-up" road which leads to the bottom end of the strip. There are marshalls to guide newbies into the right place at the right time and to help with staging. However, if you have not done it before, I would suggest half an hour sat in the start line grandstand watching how the lights work, how individuals stage and launch and what information shows on the end gantry!
The Z Club Challenge is automatically incorporated into the day. We run classes based on the Z model range separated into standard and modified. We also have a Super-Modified class for extreme mods on any model.
For spectators, the startline grandstand, the banking and the whole pit area have free access included in your entrance fee (£10).
Any questions on Santa Pod, regs, procedures etc., phone me on 01277 374201.

Am planning to attend, and am a RWYB newbie, so above most useful - thanks chaps!

Bit of an early start for a Sunday though - I'll be popular at home!

TL

Thanks for the info, to get down there for 8 am will be tough but I think we'll make the trip.
John-h

still worth getting there as early as poss , even if its just to see what you might be up against and to check out some of the prep work & mods other street cars have. will try to get there my self, work allowing!!. my boss just doesnt under stand the effects a quick quarter mile e/t can have on a person.

i am surprised there has been no info posted about the fast show at santapod on sunday 28th of march its a rwyb meeting i might be going in my n.a. if the weather is good

Well i hope its a dry day as I have just got an MOT ticket on my Z31 turbo banger today. So if nothing falls off or catches fire in the next few days I will be there.
My good buddy Z bloke is coming along to assist on the day, and provide a means of transport home if things go pear shaped on the tarmac.
I might even be quick enough to get two runs in before it goes dark.

Back