S.E.Z. Halfway House

Mr.F

Inactive
The May meet for the S.E.Z. Local Group is on 2nd. May - 12-00 midday at the Halfway House P.H. located at the junction of the A127 Southend Arterial Road and the A128 Brentwood Road (Essex).
Noggin and natter - everyone welcome!

Tony 260Z

Club Member
My car looking unlikely now. I Need to replace the nearside brake cylinder but the nut at the brakeline union is nasty. In fact, it's round. No evidence of sides at all :-(

So... I think I'll need to cut it off, get a new nut and create a new flare on the line.

Damn.

TL

status

Well-Known Forum User
Nuts

Tony,have you got one of those tools that are a bit like pliers,the more you turn the harder they grip,good for rounded nuts,cant remember what they are called,but they are the NUTS,i have a couple if you need to borrow them.Think there was a joke in there some where,gis a ring if you need to borrow it,02085000660

Tony 260Z

Club Member
Thanks Status, but I'm going to put in new lines. It's about time it was done anyway, so rather than faff about trying to reuse anything I'm binning the lot. I have braideds to go on the back that have been in a box for ages so I'll stick them on too.

Why is it that every time I go to do a job on my Z I think "Oh, it'll only take an hour" and the next day I'm on the blower to Mr F looking for new bits 'cos the old ones are corroded to shapeless lumps? Will I never learn?! Must remember - buy new bits first, buy new bits first etc.

TL