RUSS, Poss Website Idea??

Zbirdy

Well-Known Forum User
Hello Russ,
I wondered if it might be possible, or indeed popular, if there could be a section on the sites main page, which could introduce a little nostalgia to the Z ownership scene.
I dont know how many clubbers are likeminded, but I feel that the majority of topics on the site are often about horse power, and uprated this and that.
I for one also enjoy the simple originality of any classic car, and lets face it most Z cars are after all classic cars.
What do you think about a small monthly slot that members can click on which offers a small insight into the cars when they were new, and rolling off the production line, this could include some original pics of the day, together with a little info, or perhaps just a simple sales line for a particular model.
Something to which we can relate to in nostalgic terms, which would prove really interesting to those who were too young (like me) to have been able to purchase a car like a 240 or 260 or 280 when they were new.
Just an idea.

Anyone else want to comment on this, for or against, will give a little idea of whether its worthy of more thought
Don.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its a good idea, and would fit nicely into our technical section or a history section. It could also go in the mag? However someone will need to produce all this information.... good luck with that :)

Err, me and my big mouth.

(A very long pause occurs)

"ME a contributor" !!!
Mum im famous, guess wot mum, i was talking to a bloke, and he said......
and i think it pays really well.

Thanks Russ, I was wondering if you might say that, I was thinking perhaps a simple "Did you know" type of thing which will give out a different monthly insight into the history of the cars at their beginings.
Let me know if you think this would be better suited to the website, or the mag, (for me i guess the mag would be easier) though my idea was for the site.
What do you want me to do.
Clue me up on the input and i will get to work then.
Don.

Technical section?
Where is this located Russ?

Yeh ok im a lazy web bloke, but then if its not easy to find, its either not there, or if it is there, maybe it should be easier to find. What about this new snippet section going straight onto the front page of the web site? with a new one added monthly. I dont mind producing something, if it easy to download, (or do i mail it to you).
Respond quickly Russ, or im likely to off the boil mate.
Don.

Well I suppose mag vs website you can put them in both (obviously depending on what space Skiddell has.

You can send it to me in a word doc or something and I'll format it, unless you can do webpages (html)?

The technical section will be in articles, it will receive more promotion on the front page when there is something in it...

If you come up with the content I can sort the rest just to get the ball rolling and we can review how you produce it and who puts it on the website later :)

Ok Russ, thanks for that, I will start with something small and informative, as I said just a small snippet of information, (better get digging).

Will be in touch soon,

Don.

good idea,think the old gits like porky burns and pmac would appreciate it.i myself am just a bit young,but think it would go down well with the elder members

Status,

Are you sure mate, Im sure ive seen your pic on DJZs gallery.

OOOPs Sorry everyone. Arent you the Noddy Holder looking guy, just a tad younger though???

status said:
i myself am just a bit young,but think it would go down well with the elder members
read this and nearly p*ssed myself laughing so hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....... are you sure pops ?:D

Zbirdy,i can play guitar better than noddy and i usually get called rick parfitt,allthough i have been called worse and grolls you leave Pmac and Porky burns out of it

Yeah Sure, Ive got your status, Status, you YOUNG go getting, trendy YOUNG dude you. Bet you dont get this post till at least Monday, cos its Friday night, and you"ll be on your way down the ol town, clubbin eh!!
I dont know how you kids do it these days, out till all hours, goodness knows what you get up to. Now listen to me young Status, those alco pops are no good for you, they make you dizzy, dont drink one even if its free. You will age overnight, and wear a bloody vest.

well its friday night.just.been in the studio with the band,and last 2 fridays,aint had a beer since christmas eve,i think,cant remember,back in there with another band tommorrow,then its out on the PISS tommorrow night,at last,then out for a blast in the Zed sunday morning

Told ya,

How the Young and Famous live eh, You celebs dont live in the real world. I bet Party Party is your way of life, livin life in the fast lane Mr Holder, you"ll slow down when you get to 30 I reckon..................

PS
Enjoy that sunday spin in the Z. Im only jealous, cos i aint got mine yet!

i will enjoy it but i have a dillema.wot zed do i take out,its really difficult sometimes deciding,Ill see wot one has the most petrol in it then take it from there,might even have to but another Zed to ease the pressure on those sort or decicions

Getting back on topic then,

Does anyone have any input ideas for my scheme to post a regular news item on zeds, relating to their originality back in the 70s and 80s.
News clips, press stuff, or simply buyers experiences, that type of thing.
Anything considered . let me know here, we may publish it on this site or in the mag. Check your old history files if you have something that may make interesting reading.

Hey,

Your partner will probably end up as www.google.com :) There are lots of history sites like www.datsunhistory.com and www.ratdat.com has a history section. Thing you need to be clear on is copyright, we can't publish things we don't own the rights to.

I'd personally be interested in pre-development things like prototype sketches and such, but that would be a tall task! :D

Might be worth starting with collating information on buying a 240z and its press launch, things like the price, options etc? Or maybe a comparison of the cars over time, so initial selling price of 240z at launch, 260z, 280zx, 300zx etc etc, and there must be somewhere some information on the average earnings for the same year so you could see if Z cars have gotten more or less expensive throughout the generations with a graph to show.

Anyway just some ideas, might inspire you to do something.

Thanks Russ, very interesting, Funny enough I have made a few enquiries into a couple of topics of interest, as published by another company, and have asked permission to use their information, not word for word but more generally. Hoping to hear back next week.
I wont promise much at all for now if thats ok with everyone, as im quite ignorant on the subject, im relying on other peoples facts and articles to; re-publish if you like. The idea is dependent on my success at retrieving such info without too much hassle.
Hope to be in touch soon with some good news on a first topic.
Don.

Hi,

Well best of luck and don't lose heart if it doesn't go smoothely to start, it'll be an interesting experience and you'll learn loads from it.

Facts cannot really be copyrighted so if you use a book for your research, so long as you don't present someone elses work as your own you'll be fine. If you can get permission for use of photos that would be excellent.

Best of luck

Back