Round 6 of the Z Club Drag Race Challenge, Santa Pod

240z

Club Member
Looking forward to Sunday!

Is there anywhere in particular that people will be meeting up on the way to the pod, or at the pod itself.

I am looking to be in the queue as early as possible, so what is the earliest you can arrive?

cheers all!

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
The gathering

Gates open 8:30-9:00 I think but generally runs begin 9:30 onwards
I try to get to the fire up road as early as possible after signing on.

Early = cool = better engine performance.
Early = less people to mess the track up = better traction.

Meet up on the concrete apron trackside just down from the cafe if you want, at say 9 am thats generally where we make camp (notice I didnt say "camp out")

Should be a REALLY-REALLY good day if the turnout is as expected -- get your launch right Phil and you could grab yourself a super-modified scalp or two.

Mike
A question -- did or does Ratz class as super modified:devil:

neil300zx

Well-Known Forum User
Magazine Editor & generally Good looking Admin dude
Location: Rutland, Home of the "Rutland Express" quickest NA L6 in 2005

Skiddell, have you heard what they say about self praise :D

Unfortunatley im not able to attend on sunday as im going on a little holiday on monday for a week and will have my heart ripped out through my backside if i spend the holiday money at santa pod :eek:

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
neil300zx said:
Magazine Editor & generally Good looking Admin dude
Location: Rutland, Home of the "Rutland Express" quickest NA L6 in 2005

he's been looking in the wrong mirror and 2005 aint over yet....:D roll on 2006!:p

Mr.F

Inactive
RatZ was always classified as Super Modified as all purpose built race cars would be. Do you want a separate purpose built drag car class now??

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
Note I have given some guide E.T.s based on previous experience for each class - any competitor significantly exceeding these guidelines might be the subject of some closer scrutiny (trackside engine teardowns compulsory, that sort of thing...:D ).

i think i may come up on sunday, it's about time MR F tore someones engine apart to check if their playing by the rules.:eek:

lets start with the blue cars....:D

240z

Club Member
Gates open 8:30-9:00 I think but generally runs begin 9:30 onwards
I try to get to the fire up road as early as possible after signing on.
I'll get there as early as I can then, just hope I can find someone to follow again, last time I had a hard time keeping up with an R32 skyline, who must have thought I was trying have a race, not just foloowing him because I had no idea where I was going!

get your launch right Phil and you could grab yourself a super-modified scalp or two.
I hope I can - looking forward to giving it a go in any case!

see you all there, will try and get next to the Rutland Express in the queue and try to keep up with his 60ft!

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Skiddell, have you heard what they say about self praise :D
No praise, just the cold hard facts of life, and to back it up

13.94 @ 98.48 mph and my wife says I'm the best looking man she has ever slept with -- all the rest were pig ugly:unsure:

he's been looking in the wrong mirror and 2005 aint over yet....:D roll on 2006!:p
Hey Like I said, if any modified 240 can beat the Express's best time of 13.9 then I'll donate £25 to the club funds, simple as that and Sundays the last round

Bring it on

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
Phil what time were you thinking of leaving Bristol? We are not sure (and probably will not know until Saturday) but were thhinking about coming along.

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
SKiddell said:
Hey Like I said, if any modified 240 can beat the Express's best time of 13.9 then I'll donate £25 to the club funds, simple as that and Sundays the last round

Bring it on
now theres a challenge if i ever did see one....wheres all the fast 240 boys then?....washing their hair no doubt!:D

240z

Club Member
Phil what time were you thinking of leaving Bristol? We are not sure (and probably will not know until Saturday) but were thhinking about coming along.
Saturday! I don't fancy the long drive (and early start!) on the sunday morning, so am stopping over at my parent's house in Coventry for the night.

Shame - I would have liked the convoy!

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
Don't blame you, but you probably wouldn't have been able to keep up with me anyway:rolleyes:

Hopefully see you there - we can always convoy back to Bristol

neil300zx

Well-Known Forum User
SKiddell said:
13.94 @ 98.48 mph and my wife says I'm the best looking man she has ever slept with -- all the rest were pig ugly:unsure:
Id have to kick her guide dog mate:D unless your the only bloke shes slept with

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
I will have a few San Miguels on Sunday to celebrate ALL your quick runs!
Although TBH Ill have a few anyway even if you are slow! LOL

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
pmac said:
I will have a few San Miguels on Sunday to celebrate ALL your quick runs!
Although TBH Ill have a few anyway even if you are slow! LOL

oooohhh thats like putting an imp against a 260.....stay with the stella mate!

Mr.F

Inactive
Absolutely on and there are promises of a few interesting Zs turning up for the first time....

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Well for those that didnt come, you missed an amaZing day and a fitting climax to the end of the 2005 drag challenge.

Weather was perfect all day, in and around the mid 20's :D
Track was very well prepared:devil:

4 personal bests were achieved :S30: :S30: :Z31: :350Z:
3 new class records were set :S30: :Z31: :350Z:
And to top it all, an 11 second 300 made nearly every other car (including a skyline or two) look pedestrian:Z32:

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
i would have loved to have come to the pod, but diff painting/seals/bearings, petrol tank underseal removal ready for paint etc, had to be done. I'm glad you lot did well, how about some times/specs?