rolling road session result

nickz32

Well-Known Forum User
Took the car down to Surrey Rolling Road today for a couple of runs, Many thanks for Topless for arranging it!
Ive fitted a few parts over the last couple of year and thought now would be a good time to check hows shes running before i started increasing the boost levels.
Last time it was on the rollers it ran 309.8 fwhp and 276 ftlbs with nothing more than a stillen spec K&N filter and a cat back exhaust.
Since then ive only fitted new downpipes, decats, lightened flywheel and got rid of the perished boost pipes for hard pipes. Other than that its still running stock boost/injectors/turbos/intercoolers/ecu.
Suffice to say i was pretty happy with the results. After 3 runs the zed produced 339.7 fwhp / 287 ftlbs @0.7 bar and 282 rwhp. Fuelling was spot on and the curve is really smooth. :D
The torque was a bit lower than i expected, but i think that has more to do with the reletively stock boost levels. Saying that, she sticks at peak torque from 3k rpm to 5.5k rpm, so i can live with that.
DSC00674.jpg

DSC00675.jpg

DSC00677.jpg

RWHP
DSC00676.jpg

One Happy Bunny :D

That's a really smooth curve there bud. So what's the idea now then? Wind it right up with new ecu, some big assed turbos and a mammoth intercooler? Or just leave it as is (which is still a fab weapon in the right hands!)

That's a really smooth curve there bud. So what's the idea now then? Wind it right up with new ecu, some big assed turbos and a mammoth intercooler? Or just leave it as is (which is still a fab weapon in the right hands!)

Engine wise, next on the list is a full set of lightened pulleys and Stillen SMIC's. I'll run it again then and see what gains i make.

After that, it'll be Nismo 620cc injectors, boost controller and a custom mapping session with John Dixon.

Im also going to be looking into water injection to keep charge temps down for track sessions. Driveablilty and keeping a quick turbo spoolup is key for this car, im not into chasing big figures.

As they say, "power is nothing without control" and all that....

Back