Retro Show

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
retro2.png

In Mike’s absence (He's doing Matching Green)

I would like to gauge interest in attending (as a club) the Retro show at Santa Pod

Retro Show - Classic Car and Bike Event

Its primarily a show event with the added bonus of showing off some horsepower on the strip

Its on July the 3rd and its your choice if you run or not, if you choose too then great if not then sit around enjoy the atmosphere (and you can get the teas and coffees in) :thumbs:

If you have never drag raced and need some advice then it will be there in bucket loads

Its a great event and a great opportunity for the club to show off its heritage, in fact when you think about it then there is no more applicable event....all vehicles up to 1990 qualify

If I can get sufficient interest then we get a club area.

If I can get 10 interested parties or more I will even try to organise a lucky dip passenger ride in one of our cars.

So far I have significant interest from

SKiddell
Rob Hughes (if the car is ready)
Johhny Palmer

Last edited by a moderator:

zpuppy

Well-Known Forum User
oh poo ! Previously engaged, but may be able to get out of it. Wont know until 20th June, mark us down as interested mate and will confirm 20th June :D havn't had our current z31 down the pod yet and as it's bone stock with only some dremel tool porting work it will be interesting to see what the lights say ! :eek:

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
So far we have
SKiddell
Johhny Palmer (as long as he gets back from Spa OK)
Rob Huge (Strong poss)
Mick "Me Me" Brown
ZPuppy (interested)

Come on fellas
Darren, you can't let JP get away from you, and wheres Phil "hair bear" Ellicot

Hey its open to cars up to 1990 so ZX's, Z31 and early Z32's are all good to go

Nidge74

New Forum User
SKiddell
Johhny Palmer (as long as he gets back from Spa OK)
Rob Huge (Strong poss)
Mick "Me Me" Brown
ZPuppy (interested)
Nidge 74 (probable in the 32)

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Come on peeps, your not telling me that there are only 6 interested parties, it's a bit of fun, hey you never know you might just like it

johnymd

Club Member
Come on Darren, surely your comeing to this. My engine's not quite as smooth after the thrashing it got at Spa so I'm pretty sure I've lost a few horses(this won't stop me running though). It won't be the same without a head to head.

GTR-240Z

Well-Known Forum User
Tempting but I've already committed to Matching Green along time ago. Can do the saturday RWYB however.

vpulsar

Well-Known Forum User
It's a long trip down but if my car is running OK and I can work it in with a visit to my family I'll come along, It's been a few years since I was last at the pod.

Rob

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Roll up roll
Here another reminder for this superb event.

The Retro Show is a classic car and bike show with a difference: Unlike most shows where you park up in a field and sip tea, this is an action-packed day where you can take part in the racing and show & shine whatever type of retro machinery you have.

Retro Show is open to all retro vehicles including cars, bikes, scooters and lorries from the 1950’s to the 1980’s. Featuring: all day RWYB, Drag Demos, ESC Drag Racing, Show & Shine, Rally School, Traders, Auto Jumble, Club Stands, Weekend Camping, Vehicles 4 Sale Paddock, Evening Entertainment, Fun Fair Rides and more.

If you fancy running then here's some class info

Retro RWYB (Run What Ya Brung)

No matter what type of retro ride you drive or ride you can put it to the test down the world famous Santa Pod strip! Sign-on costs £25 for the day and you can put in as many runs as you want. Make sure to bring along your driving licence. The provisional RWYB classes are:

Car, Truck & Van classes
Class A - Under 2000cc without turbo/nitrous etc
Class B - Over 2000cc without turbo/nitrous etc
Class C - Under 2000cc with turbo/nitrous etc
Class D - Over 2000cc with turbo/nitrous etc

Looks like were all in either A or D (adding slicks will put you in a non street legal class X)

Last edited by a moderator: