Resizing photos the easy way

Gio

Well-Known Forum User
If you have Win2k and Outlook, I doscovered the following. (doscovered? Freudian slip for old programmers, there
wink.gif
)

Click on the photo(s) that you want to resize, then right-click to bring up the menu which has "Send To" on it. Then Send To > Mail Recipient and you will get a little dialog box pop up asking you if you want to resize your pics for email. Select Make My Pictures Smaller, Click OK.

Then up will pop an draft email ready for you to send with the resized jpg (or whatnot) already attached. This usually gets them down to 640 x 480 which is easily postable on this forum. If you click "show more options" you get to choose from three sizes - out of respect for people's bandwidth and monitor size, I usually stick to 640 x 480.

EG this pic of Basil and Gio
290109-0983_IMG_2_sm.JPG

was 1200 x 1600 and 744kB when downloaded from my mate's camera but is now 360 x 480 and 44kB after this process.

Then right click on the attachment and "Save As" wherever you want to save it. And get rid of the email which you don't want any more.

Yes I know you should use PaintShop Pro or Photoshop or whatever for full control of results but I found the above a quick and easy way to do a "good enough" reduction.

Cheers - Gio

Last edited by a moderator:
Back