Removing 240 heater controls

Russ

Club Member
Hi,

My dash is 90% free, but the centre console doesn't want to play ball. It appears to be held back by all the cables for the heater and fans etc. I'd have thought you could pop the knobs off the controls and they'd fall back out (like in a modern car) but oh no, they don't want to.

Only way I can see to do it is to carefully remove each cable, but that can't be right...

And my head is too fat to fit up behind the dash and figure it out, I'll go continue but if anyone knows the easy way to do it I'd appreciate it.

Ta

It's ok I did it.

Turns out that once I freed the radio (it wasn't in properly and two screws from behind dropped it and the fascia out) and looked properly it was easy.

Two cables each side, one of the pair is held in by two easy to get to screws, and the other, well the black click just pops off from behind and then you can of course slide the cable loops off.

If you know your cable controls are good might be worth marking their position relative to the screws that hold them so you can put them back the same.

Did you end up with back ache I always find it a bind having to take the heater control wires out.

No because I had nothing else left in the car, totally empty and it was a two second job to do it :)

Back