Rear seatbelts

netpreference

Well-Known Forum User
Need to fit rear seatbelts in my 2+2, any ideas? From what I understand they were a factory option back in the day but might be wrong.... :conf2:

A few year ago I fitted universal ones (I think they were Kangol) from Halfords but they are static ones, they served me well and kept the baby seats in place.

I have got multiple sets of good used static seatbelts from 260 2+2s. At least one set is securon, and one set nissan. No reasonable offer refused!

All the mounting holes are already inplace on the 2+2, but make sure they are in good order, not having belts means a)they don't get MOT'd but b) you have increased danger to front passengers in accident. Fitting belts means they do get MOT'd (300mm from any structurla/safety point) and you get some safety, both my mounts in the rear arches were due to 'join me in the front' if you get my drift, drivers side rear holes now house 2 of my 4 point harness eyebolts. Rear passenger is a small 3 point harness that fits my little lad rather well with a booster seat.

Happy motoring

Nigel:)

bongo said:
I have got multiple sets of good used static seatbelts from 260 2+2s. At least one set is securon, and one set nissan. No reasonable offer refused!

You have a pm!:D

Back