R200 Diff fixing problems

Amazombi

Well-Known Forum User
Hello now I`m back from my garage where I tried to put on the whole stuff of Diff, and struts,...for TWO days:(
But there is a problem which I didnt expect.
I cant put on those two iron plates which are fixed ob the body.
Pictures will tell.
My question is, did I something wrong?:conf2:
Is there another kind of plates for the R200?
Or do i have just bend them a little?
Best regards.
Amazombi

Attachments

• Diff.einbau(5).JPG
    Diff.einbau(5).JPG
    200.7 KB · Views: 61

evtech

Well-Known Forum User
Hi

The plates are the wrong side of the mustache bar, fit them first to the chassis this then allows you to get the lower arms fitted on the right side of the car, remember the nearside one goes in upside down, long length to the front.

Don't tighten anything till it's all in place as it makes assembly much easier with a little but of 'play' in the parts.

Regards

Nigel

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
My question is, did I something wrong?:conf2:
Yes, you have.... you have done an R200 conversion but put it back together as if it were a stock R180 back end
The very nice cad plated drop plate should go inside (towards the front of the car) the moustache bar.....with the moustache bar rearwards and outside of the drop plates.....also I think the bushing saddle is possibly the wrong way around.

Amazombi

Well-Known Forum User
Thank you very much.
I thougt it doesnt matter which one goes upside down and which one goes right side up aslong as the long side allways goes to the front side of the car. So, there is one lower arm which is just good when it is right and could never be a left one? is this correct?:conf2: Sorry I thought there is just one lower arm and it depends on you which one you use for which side (you could turn both).:(
The plates in front of the moustach bar? I will try it in a couple of days.
Thanks again.:bow:
Amazombi

Amazombi

Well-Known Forum User
Its done!:D
I´m sooooo happy. It was my fault! Of course, mine.:(
What did I do wrong?
The moustache bar. I put it withe the front side to the back!
So there is no more space for the plates.
Really, I`m glad about it.:)
Amazombi

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
Amazombi said:
Its done!:D
I´m sooooo happy. It was my fault! Of course, mine.:(
What did I do wrong?
The moustache bar. I put it withe the front side to the back!
So there is no more space for the plates.
Really, I`m glad about it.:)
Amazombi

I did exactly the same thing when fitting my R200 a few months back, you would think it would go that way would'nt you. Also had trouble with the strap & brackets at the front luckily I had a 260 one to hand.