Original 240Z colours

Skallywag

Club Member
Hi, I'm in the process of restoring a 240Z M reg. Is there anyway I can find out the original colour. I bought the car 41 years ago and it's been in storage most of the intervening time, apart from a brief spell of use. The bloke I bought it from had the colour changed to Red from the original metallic Blue. If anyone knows a way to find this out, that would be great.
Cheers
Rob

Skallywag

Club Member
Hi, I'm in the process of restoring a 240Z M reg. Is there anyway I can find out the original colour. I bought the car 41 years ago and it's been in storage most of the intervening time, apart from a brief spell of use. The bloke I bought it from had the colour changed to Red from the original metallic Blue. If anyone knows a way to find this out, that would be great.
Cheers
Rob
Cheers looks useful. Found loads of original paint under body skins and carpets just wanted the paint code if poss to match for spraying.

uk66fastback

Club Member
When you take the car for paint, I'd have the spray company use their equipment to take a breakdown form the old original paint you've found and then mix from that.