Number 10 Petition

Can anyone tell me what the proposed system is for getting the £2000. As I understand it a car has to be effectively "part exchanged" against a new car from a dealer. I would suggest that in the current climate it is perfectly possible to negotiate your £2000 reduction on a new car without disposing of your old one whereas to qualify for your £2000 "scrappage" it's a fair guess the dealers will be charging top dollar or as near as makes no difference. Tell me I'm wrong:rolleyes:

Can anyone tell me what the proposed system is for getting the £2000. As I understand it a car has to be effectively "part exchanged" against a new car from a dealer. I would suggest that in the current climate it is perfectly possible to negotiate your £2000 reduction on a new car without disposing of your old one whereas to qualify for your £2000 "scrappage" it's a fair guess the dealers will be charging top dollar or as near as makes no difference. Tell me I'm wrong:rolleyes:

You are correct & if you can only afford a banger now how are you going to afford an extra 10k for a new 'un & it has to be made in the uk.
I heard on tv at the weekend that new car prices have been going up in readiness for this.

Totally agree Nigel its a load of b*****ks as usual.

Vauxhall and Ford have both put base model prices up to compensate for this. Buy British my arse! That said, the second hand bin for Vauxhalls especially is superb if you want a good deal (let some other sucker take the hit for the first two years, then steam in!).

Sign up here to the petition to have the 25yr road tax exemption reinstated.:thumbs:

Would imagine they will scrap the pre 73 exemption one of these days :( been waiting for that to arrive for a few years now, why should we be aloud to drive our old cronks around without paying road tax ? :D It is good going to collect the tax disc & saying to them behind the counter I don't mind taxing this one :cheers:

The government is only going to put up £1000 and the remainder is voluntary from the car manufacturer. I thought that it had to be british but I heard an ad on the radio today from Fiat pushing the £1000 scrappage plus £1100 from Fiat.:unsure:

Come on guys pay up.....Tony Blair has had to maintain two mansions and four other houses since he scrapped the concession.....:rofl:

Done.

Signature No. 258 Woot!

(Hmmm. Might need to spread the word a little further)

Done and posted on another forum.

Get it on as many forum's as possible more likely that way to get more people to sign it

Back