Nissan Sunny ZX Coupe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sp00ny

Forum User
Hi guys, i'm new here and i need to sell my Sunny to fund a Z31 300ZX i've fallen in love with! I've only had her since november but i've been going through a bit of a phase (see it, like it, buy it) and only had my previous car (CRX) for a few months.

Anyway its a 1990G 1.8 twin cam ZX coupe, 129bhp, totally standard in every way including the 14" steel wheels with original trims and the nissan cassette player. Currently on 105000 miles having only done 20 odd in the last 5 years, an elderly gent owned it from 3 years old until last summer when he sold it to my next door neighbour (also quite old). I have all the MOT certificates bar one to verify the mileage and a stack of service history. Current MOT runs to October, tax end of this month.

The bodywork can only be described as outstanding for a 15 year old car, still nice and shiny with very few imperfections. There is a very small amount of rust on one of the arches but thats all, a bit of a scuff under the drivers side skirt, and a small number of stone chips on the bonnet. Im being very very picky here as i didn't notice any of these myself until i'd washed it several times. Interior is 100% spotless.

Mechanically it runs brilliantly, the only slight annoyance is that when starting from cold you have to hold the gas in for about the first 10 seconds or it dies. I usually park in a way that means i can drive out forwards so this doesn't always need doing anyway. Also when the engine's hot the exhaust sometimes vibrates against something when you lift off the gas above about 3k revs, again this is just a bit annoying rather than problematic, it makes asort of buzzing noise, but you can help avoid it once you get the hang of it by adapting your driving/gear changing etc. There also appears to be a knocking noise which i was hoping was the wheel brace jumping around in the spare wheel well but is suspention-related.

Spec includes sunroof, electric windows and mirrors, power steering, adjustable steering wheel, dimmer switch for the dash lights, variable intermittent wiper etc, all the toys you expect from a top-of-the-range car. Front fogs need new bulbs.

I'm looking for £550 ono.
Thanks
Marcus
zx_for_sale@hotmail.co.uk

Front.jpg

Rear.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this car for still for sale?

Hi just wondering if this car is still for sale as i had a mint example of this sunny zx coupe in white and grey and it had only 28,000 miles from new.I bought the car off an elderly man who had it in his garage for about nine years without using it.I paid £1500 for it and it truely was like a new car.I was working for cosworth at the time im sure you have heard of them and i made many new components for the car.Later that year after i had the car running how i liked it a drunk driver crashed into the side of it bending the chasis and snapping the front wheel compleatly off!I kept the enigine in my garage and all the other upgraded components in hope of finding another.Im only 22 years old but i have a very wide knoledge of this car and i would love to be the owner of this lovely car.I have the money and if its still for sale i would love to come have a look next week sometime.many thanks look forward to your reply,nathan fenton.

sp00ny last posted on here in May 2006 when he advertised his 300zx for sale....So he didn't keep that for long either!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back