New member advice Required

Orangenose350Z

Forum User
Hello to everyone,this is my first post of hopefully many.
Picking my 350Z up on Fri after owning a bugeye scooby for 3 years, got a bit sick of the chav image in the earlier cars and have always liked the looks of the Z and not many had a bad word to say about it, Its a Import on a 02 plate, has Fairlady Z on the rear and has all the GT Stuff(i think), leather, Bose, electric seats,to name a few
also has Sat nav and DVD player behind drivers seat,in Japanese. to be honest i wanted it as soon as i saw it and the dealer was not to sure either, what sort of model is it and can anyone give me any tips for my first rear wheel drive car,and to get the sat nav sorted.its Orange with orange leather.the fastest colour by far.

Thanks in advance and sorry if you have been asked it all before.

Mac.:)

Welcome to the club Mac!

I'm sure you'll find out everything you need to know here. We're a friendly bunch!

Where in the UK are you?

Tony

(But everyone knows that RED is the fastest colour! Tut tut)

A period Nissan silvery/champagney colour is fastest (I've yet to find out what it's called).

Welcome to the site! Mr.F is very knowledgeable and can probably help you.

Get some photos in the gallery soon as you get it :) I've never driven either, but I imagine the 350 is a nicer drive, less manic point and squirt than the scooby, more GT car ;)

and can anyone give me any tips for my first rear wheel drive car
:eek::eek:

DONT DRIVE IT IN THE WET!:D:D

And put a BRICK UNDER the Accelerator pedal when you drive it in the DRY!!:D:D

Thanks for the replies guys,
i work in the n'yorks area during the week and have a home in edinburgh which i go to a couple of times a month,
Will get pics up next week after i come back from scotland,
Another Q. what is it like for stone chips, hope it's not as bad as the scoob, paint like chocolate Lol.

Mac.

Oh dear we have another mac.

Welcome to disneyland mac, were all bananas here mate, those to ignore are;

Me, and most of them. lol.

I heard that the metal is so thin on the front of a scooby that a bee would dent it at 70mph? Is that true? Or an urban myth?

Orangenose350Z said:
Another Q. what is it like for stone chips, hope it's not as bad as the scoob, paint like chocolate Lol.
Mac.

Hi,
Welcome...
350Z owners in the US have had problems with paint chipping on their cars!...Don't know if it's a universal problem though!
Cheerz,
JEZ

1) Paint chipping on new cars is fairly universal as the paint formulation used at all manufacturers has changed (for the worse). Nissan paint is supposed to have been tested by firing diamonds at it - judging by the complaints from most UK owners about excessive chipping, this would appear to be an over-inflated claim. Here's an answer - fit an aftermarket styled front fascia and have it painted by someone who still uses traditional paint. My 350 doesn't seem to have the problem with the fresh paint on the Stillen front end!

2) Make sure you are getting the Brembo brakes in the package - you may regret not having them later. In Japan they come as the "S" package and also with the "ST" model.

3) I don't think anyone has worked out a way to make the Japanese Sat Nav work with a UK disc, so don't attach any value to this extra when negotiating your final price. Also, the FM range on the stereo will be restricted in bandwidth unless already converted. Is the speedo recalibrated and the the speed delimited for you? If not, then figure on extra expense. Check that the mini computer functions like "miles to empty" and "average speed" and "fuel consumption" are all working accurately after conversion...

4) Don't listen to the sceptics - the 350Z has an efficient (albeit intrusive) traction control system. Learn with it on and when you are ready, drive it like Tiff did on Fifth Gear tonight - a**e out and big grin applied permanently. It may be tail happy when pushed hard, but it is not unsafe unless you are going to be terminally stupid!

It is nice to get some first time 350Z questions on this forum, so ask away and get to a meeting soon!:350Za2:

Thanks Mr F.
Not sure about the brakes, but the felt good and firm, good stopping power, have already agreed price etc and it seems like a good deal and comes with a 2 year RAC warranty. Miles to empty etc i havent a clue about, but will have a good look around the car when i get it,loking forward to attending a meet. need to find one close to yorkshire,first purchases will prob be, Locking wheel nuts, cargo net for boot, Z tax disk holder, front mats and z valve caps, just to get the look then once i get used to it will look at performance, body styling etc.

Mac

Orangenose350Z said:
Thanks Mr F.
first purchases will prob be, Locking wheel nuts, cargo net for boot, Z tax disk holder, front mats and z valve caps, just to get the look then once i get used to it will look at performance, body styling etc.

Mac
and of course "Z Club" membership:D

quoting mac:
can anyone give me any tips for my first rear wheel drive car

turn off the traction control , stick the rear end out and keep it there

if it snows go out and have some fun

welcome to the club

Of course joining the Z club will give you something to pass the time until your new baby comes;)

Bargin really, access to all that technical knowledge, social and motorsport events, drag racing, great mag and all for not much money -- just the push of a Paypal button really.

all modern cars have problems with stonechips, mostly due too water based paints i hear, remove bird poo/tree slime straight away as it will stain it fast.

Will wait a while before i commit to joining properly, still a member of scoobynet and to be honest with no disrespect to this site, scoobynet is a better all round forum.but i will be a regular visitor and will prob end up joining.

Mac.

Back