My lovely 280zx :)

zinned13

New Forum User
Finally got round to picking up a 79 Datsun 280zx, its been barned stored for about 12 years. Started the restoration work and so far so good, got it running after a fresh service and new battery and fuel.

Its an auto non targa, blue with blue/silver interior. Its going to need a few bits and pieces and I'm probally going to need alot of advice down the line so thought I'd sign up here and say hello and forewarn you :)

Welcome and congrat's on getting a 280zx, it'll be worth it but try and get some pics up if you can of the restoration project.
Good Luck

Thanks for the welcome, I'll take some pics as I go along, tbh its not too much of a job as bonnet, wings and rear arches had already been done when i got it. I need to source a matching front seat, there both the same colour but the drivers side one is all in one and the passenger side has a seperate headrest.

Also needs respraying and a set of alloys.

Thanks for the welcome, I'll take some pics as I go along, tbh its not too much of a job as bonnet, wings and rear arches had already been done when i got it. I need to source a matching front seat, there both the same colour but the drivers side one is all in one and the passenger side has a seperate headrest.

Also needs respraying and a set of alloys.

The 2+2 had seats with separate headrests. the 2 seater has the highback all in one seat..
So have you got a 2 seater car?? Or a 2+2???

Hi ,

give me a shout as I am not too far away. I am breaking a couple of targa 2+2's and have some alloys.

Its a 2+2 so looks like the drivers seat has been replaced with one from a two seater.

thanks Chappers have sent you a message about parts

Hi and welcome to the club/ forum keep an eye on the classifieds for parts there always in there if you need anything just ask on here and some one will help out always good to find another Z making it back to good health

cheers martin

Check out my pics to look for the hidden problems! Good Luck and I am looking forward to the pics

Good to hear about another 280zx, look forward to seeing some pics. Yours must be an early one to be non targa.

Back