My Band: "This Burning Age", Headline gig, Thursday Dec 4, Birmingham Bar Academy

friday

Well-Known Forum User
Haven't been around here for a while as my health took a nose-dive and I ended up in hospital for a 3 week stretch (for those that know me, that's probably not much of a suprise! ;)).

Luckily, I'm out now and hitting the ground running with the one thing that keeps me going: music.

So, if anyone wants to see my band, "This Burning Age" live ( www.myspace.com/thisburningage ) our next gig is this Thursday at Bar Academy, Birmingham.

It's an all ages gig so kick-off is a little earlier at 7pm. We're headlining and should be taking the stage around 9:30pm.

Tickets for this one are available on the door (mention you're coming to see us if you can) or from me if you're local and want to meet up beforehand. £5 gets you in plus free admission to Birminghams biggest alt/inde club night, "Ramshackle" on Friday night.

All the final Mastered tracks from the forthcoming debut album "A Muzzle For The Masses" are now online through both the stock MySpace and slightly more flashy ReverbNation player. I'm currently finalising the artwork ready for the album to go to pressing this month so, if you like what you hear, pre-order sales will be opening soon via MySpace and my Bigcartel shop space. The album will be available in CD (digipak with booklet), digital download, and very limited edition CD in Hand-Made "book" formats through my own fledgling label, "5th Day Records".

Hope to see you on Thursday. I'll be the one at the bar for most of the night.

Mine's a Jack Daniels if you're buying.

;)

Cheers,

Friday.
4thdecember2008-1.jpg

JakTheRuby

Club Member
Click the banner to check out some of the stuff these guys are putting down. It's frickin' awesome and there are some influences in there from so many 'proper' groups that it's bound to be right up yer street! Anyone reasonably local should get along and have a look-see. From space rock to techno mod, it's all in there and with finesse. Love it!

friday

Well-Known Forum User
Damn Jak, that's a recommendation and a half...thank you! :thumbs:

In fact, would you mind if I quoted the last two sentences on the new fangled quote widget that's now up and running on the MySpace site? :)

Hopefully 2009 is going to be a big year for us (fingers firmly crossed!) we're just starting to get noticed by some interesting people like Emma Scott from Kerrang Radio who came to see us at a gig in Wolverhampton and offered us a spot on one of the shows she promotes, Alex Zane has played "Panic (Bring On The Bomb)" on his radio show, we've had airplay in California (weird!) and also there might be a Sky Tv appearance on the cards on the Ditto Live music show on Red TV...plus, quite bizzarely, there's talk of a short German tour (for some reason we're becoming quite popular over there!)...and, as mentioned above, the all important first album is coming out.

Currently tearing my hair out trying to come up with a way to get a music video shot for next to nothing (one of the drawbacks of being unsigned...having to pay for everything out of your own pocket! :( ) but once I figure a way round that there's a chance it might open a few MTV shaped doors...er...maybe ;) (anyone know anyone with a video camera looking for a project to make their name on?? lol...ah well, twas worth a shot...:D ;))