Met a club member today.

z32bolt

Well-Known Forum User
In a dark blue 2-0 240z today at wheels day in Guildford, had a chat with the chap but didn't catch his name.
Nice to meet you bud.

No....I took an old car, my son in the 280Z and his mate in my Sons 944 though we parked in the general car park so might as well taken a van.

Organisation was terrible. We parked in the public car park, next to a f355gts and a few 90s Cameros, there was an absolutely stunning z28 shoved in my the public car park, I believe a lot of people didn't even pay for entry.

that was my blue z , i too noticed lots of moans about traffic on various web sites , its alway been a very busy show , just get up early ! we left Southampton at 730 am no trouble at all .
Good to chat fella .

JimyJ,

just caught this thread. Did you display your Z at Fathers Day Show in Liphook at the Deers Hut last year by any chance? Saw a blue Z there and again while passing through Haslemere in my red Z. My 70 missed the Deers Hut show by a couple of days due to it's first MOT.

I am going this year and will bring the Z so maybe meeting up there?

Next year il take the zed and leave early then lol.

Sorry but not as young as I was. I know that there is a trendy pr-occupation with abbreviation but this 'lol' thing bothers me. I gather it can mean little old lady. lots of love (worrying!) or laugh out loud (not sure there is any other way to laugh?). It really doesn't cost anything to speak (mail) properly. I have noticed increasing amounts of lame language and appreciate that it is 'cool' but for the sake of those older even than these cars please try to be a bit more understandable. Signed (Old Git!!).

LOL :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Derrick;)

:rofl: Oh dear, yes Laugh out loud. A substitute for Haha, rather much the same thing really, context could differ but 99% of the time. The beautifull thing is the way we communicate changes, else we would all be talking like Shakespeare still, or furthermore grunting at each other. Whilst I do agree that "text speak" such "as wht r u up 2?" (Which isn't even used by young people in text messages anymore, due to the ability to use enough characters) Is dreadfull and has no place, commonly used abbreations such as LOL or any manner of longerstanding common place abbreviations are acceptable by the majority. It should also be noted that I'm nearly 30, not a selfie taking (don't blame me is a dreadfull word, only made worse by its fascination by the media at current, utterly cringeworthy) 15 year old.

I will take it in jest though, as long as you promise not to think, that I think, your a little old lady or that I'm in love with you.

Signed
The Future Grand Emporer of Eurasia.

JimyJ,

just caught this thread. Did you display your Z at Fathers Day Show in Liphook at the Deers Hut last year by any chance? Saw a blue Z there and again while passing through Haslemere in my red Z. My 70 missed the Deers Hut show by a couple of days due to it's first MOT.

I am going this year and will bring the Z so maybe meeting up there?

Sorry not mine i am afraid ,

Back