Matching Green Sunday 3rd July 2005

littlelostelf

New Forum User
Date for your diary – Matching Green Car Show & Barbeque
- Sunday 3rd July, 11am – 4.30pm

For 364 days of the year, twittering birds and the occasional car trundling past are the only things to obscure the perfect peace in the idyllic little village of Matching Green in Essex. And then, for one day only, hundreds of classic, sports, vintage and American vehicles appear from all directions and gather on the green for a fabulous family day out. This year promises to be the biggest yet, with well over 500 vehicles of such variety I haven’t got space to list even a quarter of them. Regulars include a selection of WWII US army vehicles and British classic cop cars, Ferraris, TVRs and an impressive array of American vehicles from Mustangs to Dodge Chargers. This year, local Bentley dealership promises a surprise to rival 2003’s Rolls Royce Phantom, which was worth a staggering £250,000! The BMX display team will be performing amazing stunts in the arena, and a unique group of hotrods and dragsters will also be grabbing our attention. Don’t forget there is a prize for the best vehicle, and the opportunity to do the circuit of the main arena and talk about your Z to thousands of attendees! Matching Green do a superb job of making this a day for all the family. There is a beer tent, tea and cake stand, book stall, hog roast as well as entertainment laid on for the children. You can buy obscure bits for your classic or even flog it on the green. Pray for sun, come along, eat, drink and watch cars. If you want to join me there, email lucy.lyons@ntlworld.com. Check out the website www.mgscc.co.uk.

Sounds great ! We are back from Spain on Friday so we will be there,unfortunately without my 300zx z31 as it's still in pieces :( Looking forwrd to it though ! Reid & Jacqui Gutzman,, Harlow, Essex.

Tony - suffering from jet lag? This is the same day as Retro which you have already paid for!!

Matching Green !

Just got home and it was an exhausting 14 minute drive ! :D This is an absolutely great show, good for the whole Family really,, although not limited to any particular make or model. I loved it and will go back next year. I tried to upload a short clip of the attending z-cars circling the ring, but it wouldn't go so I'll try putting it up on the gallery ! :Z31:

Huge thanks to Lucy for covering this for the SEZ Group this year (and she's not even a SEZ member!). The show is always great and they love to have us in their display.

Matching Green - Pictures Attached!!!

I would like to thank all those who turned out to support this event. We had a great range of cars aptly 2 x 240Z to 2 x 350Z. Following a clever suggestion, we paraded into the arena with these cars first to show the jump from the '70s to today, and very effective it was too. There was a great sense of fun about the day and a very wide mix of personalities to go with the cars, which is always a good thing. I was rather busy with my 2 little ones to participate as much as I would have liked to, but I wouldn't have missed it for the world. The only thing I would have changed is the clash with Billing . Matching has its show the first Sunday in July, so if the Billing organisers have any control over dates, please avoid this one for 2006! The highlight of Matching for me was seeing 6 DeLoreans in line, doors up. I have photos to prove this, which I will submit for mag later and maybe post if I get the time. See you all next year!

Attachments

• LUCY Z –MATCHING GREEN 2005.jpg
    LUCY Z –MATCHING GREEN 2005.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2631.JPG
    IMG_2631.JPG
    191.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2595.JPG
    IMG_2595.JPG
    279.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:
Pleased Matching Green went well, sounds like you had a great day.
I have to apologise I stupidly proposed that Back to Billing and the AGM would be held the first weekend in July next year!!!! This is not too late to change, leave it with me.

Look forward to seeing your article in the next magazine
Suzy

Back