Master Cylinder Options

Wes

Well-Known Forum User
I need a new brake master cylinder for my 240Z. However the servo and Old one was from my 78 2+2.

Therefore what do I need to replace it with? Can I use a 280zx one etc?

Cheers

Wes

Wes, partly what you replace it with depends on what you have as brakes.... having said that I would keep the 2+2 servo...the early 280zx is an easy swap, but difficult to find, or there is the late 280zx, which requires a little more work (which I did and one or two others have) but easier to buy and cheaper.

Wes,
The "ears" ( where you pass the studs through on the servo) of the master cylinder on a S30 and early S130 have the ears orientated 3 and 9 o'clock, but the late S130 has them the other way 12 and 6 o'clock (or the other way). The mounting holes on the ears need to be elongated, the top stud on the servo needs cut a little down (other wise it bangs into the fluid holder) the central pin that comes out of the servo (that pushes the piston in the master cylinder, that may need machined down (some have not needed to) mine did. And you may need to swap the brake pipes around from the master cylinder...

Back