lost all electrical power on 260z

mrzed

Club Member
:confused:hi ,can anybody help, ive lost all elecrical power on my 260z ,one day it was working fine the next day i went to start it no power at all ,no lights nothing, apart from checking the battery leads is there any other obvious places i should be looking? like is there a master fuse or something?​

Check your fusible links and power to the fusible links - box(es) on RH inner wing with white plastic covers.

Where is the main fusible on a 260? On a 240, there is a wire between starter and main harness on the frame.
Without this link on a 240, it is the same symptom than you occur

large124332-3.jpg

It should be fitted between white connector and starter plug here below :
attachment.php

mine has melted due to alternator that was "on the ground"...

Check your fusible links and power to the fusible links - box(es) on RH inner wing with white plastic covers.

Just below this mistory hand .. the pinky points it out :D

btw almost where it would be if it was ;)

found the problem lurking under the washer bottle,it was the thing with white plastic lid.
inside one of the spade connectors has snapped with rust , the female one connected to the plastic base, does anyone know if the spade will come out of the black plastic base? or do it just bypass it by cutting the wires and fitting new spade connections with waterproof covers

The fusible link boxes are not designed to be dismantled, but I think repairs can probably be done as you describe. The important thing is not to be tempted to replace the fusible link with a loop of normal wire!

As Mr F wisely says,,,Do Not bypass the link,,,sure fire way to have a pile of smoking rubble where yur Z was parked ! :eek: Easy to replace the spade fittings etc and make certain they are insulated against wet etc though ! :thumbs:

Back