K & N Apollo Air Filter

Mr.G

Club Member
Has anyone used one of these cold air intake type filters?

I am considering getting one, they are not at all cheap though, so would be good to hear thoughts, experiences etc..

WHAT K&N have to say:

The Apollo is a universal "Cold Air Intake System". It is available in a sleek Silver color. The Apollo's specially designed shape increases volumetric efficiency and is made of durable lightweight material for cooler air intake. The Apollo incorporates a K&N famous cotton gauze filter which is removable for periodic cleaning and provides the benefits of an open cone filter and standard air box in one unit. Heat build up is reduced which keeps the intake charge cool. Smooth internal features minimize air turbulence and maximize air flow. The Apollo is ideal for normally aspired engines up to 250BHP and turbo engines up to 350BHP. It comes with a standard 70mm flange with a range of optional stepped adaptors available to allow fitment to other intake sizes.

Here's what it looks like:

RC-5051AS.jpg

And here is a pic with its cold air intake pipe connected:

kit_bild.jpg

Looks like a sale gimmick to me :) Shiny silver for performance or something... I'm sure they work, but I think you might pay over the odds for what is a bit of pipe and a fancy filter holder :)

How much are they?

Reminds me (a bit) of the plastic intake tubes on the 1974 0nwards 260z's on the inner wings behind headlamp area. I suppose the Key word is 'volumetric'.
In my life, I ve seen stockings,pots 'n' pans, flat'n'thin & the other k & n's that I had off Mr.F. I think sometimes they seem expensive initially but if they last a while,then the money is recuperated by saving on regular filter buying. DJZ 60.:rolleyes:

Give me a call and I'll see what we can do pricewise...I have a regular supplier of K & N products.

I would be interested in contacting you Mike but hope to get more of an idea as to whether these filters really do lower the intake temperature before I make the decision of getting one.

I think if you can get air from outside the car to your carbs (/whatever) without it having to go though a radiator or around a bunch of glowing header pipes then you're bound to benefit.

Especially on cool foggy mornings :)

Back