Just to excite Mr F....

Bantambunny

Well-Known Forum User
I just picked these up for £489 + shipping and vat from the states:

Stayed up till 1am to get them but a full set of nearly new edelbrock polish ally heads with uprated springs and solid roller rockers :D

Edelbrock performer rpm cylinder heads 2.02/1.60 valves, strait plugs. They are polished on the out side. They have upgraded crower roller springs good up to 650 lift, titanium retainers and 10 degree locks. Also a set of roller rockers. everything has very little use was on show jeep that never got finished.

The combustion chamber is 70cc and rocker arms are 1.5 ratio.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0307710443&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&viewitem=

9454_1.JPG

c1ec_1.JPG

9392_1.JPG

d165_1.JPG

Bantambunny

Well-Known Forum User
Cheers buddy :D Engine and gearbox are back out now ready to go to the engineers shop and get bored/honed/decked, all the parts including bearings are there to build it up, just need the harmonic dampener, clutch and cover plate, gasket set and we're ready to rumble.

Once the block it built up and the lot is back in the car, we'll bolt on the heads and covers, touch up the engine bay if there're any scratches here and there after the fit then we're onto adapting the chevy manifolds to fit the z32 bulkhead, get the carb and all the last few bits including the pipes and we're ready for launch! Very exciting stuff and hopefully all ready for next drag season touch wood

attachment.php

Mr.F

Inactive
Great buy! :thumbs:

So - now you have roller rockers are you going for roller lifters and a mad cam...?

Bantambunny

Well-Known Forum User
lol you like your unuseable day to day power don't you? :D

I'll be able stretch my budget a bit more to afford as good as I can get, more than likely roller lifters and a slightly more aggressive cam than I was originally going to opt for.

I really don't want to go for anything undriveable clutchwise (puck clutch) like i've got on the zed at the moment, have you got any recommendations for a csb?

Also i'm looking at the edelbrock 800cfm carb with electric choke, that should do the job shouldn't it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Edel...emQQimsxZ20081223?IMSfp=TL0812231110010r18878

Bantambunny

Well-Known Forum User
Well i need 750cfm or more to make the most of it, i don't know tbh it's more a convenience thing if i'm going to be using it on the road day to day over the summer. And Edelbrock mainly because the heads are Edelbrock Performers, the rocker covers are edelbrock so i thought i'd compliment it by keeping everything the same brand - at least you know they're set up to work together.

What's the benefit of going for a Holley over a Edelbrock in your opinion from using them? And which one would you recommend?

How about this?

AlumSA_IntroZOOM.jpg

Bantambunny

Well-Known Forum User
Just a standard T5 reconditioned box for the time being, maybe the corvette T6 later on, i've got the bell housing for both to choose from and two intake manifolds too :D

bongo

Well-Known Forum User
Cool, my V8 260 has a T5 box in which seems to be doing well (touch wood). I bought a new set of Patriot heads a year back for my V8, just getting round to fitting them now, but I didn't get such a billy bargain as those! Do you mean T56 gearbox? If so is there a standar t56 to chevy bellhousing (not the LS engine)?

I will have to post some pictures as I was building up one of my heads on the living room floor last night. too cold outside!

Mr.F

Inactive
Holley carbs have better parts availability for tuning purposes.
Please don't buy a carb with vacuum secondaries - you WILL regret it! Double pumper required. Give some more consideration to my suggestion of a spreadbore design for good street driveability / relative economy and the big kick when you open the back butterflies. I know you will need an adapter for the manifold (unless you specifically buy a spreadbore manifold).
What are you doing ignition-wise? Interested in an MSD 6 box??

Bantambunny

Well-Known Forum User
Cool, my V8 260 has a T5 box in which seems to be doing well (touch wood). I bought a new set of Patriot heads a year back for my V8, just getting round to fitting them now, but I didn't get such a billy bargain as those! Do you mean T56 gearbox? If so is there a standar t56 to chevy bellhousing (not the LS engine)?

I will have to post some pictures as I was building up one of my heads on the living room floor last night. too cold outside!

Sorry i meant T56, i'm getting confused with sierra boxes (T5) and granada boxes (MT75) so many Ts and 5s :lol: I'm hoping it should take up the 450bhp in the 5 speed when it's done without any issues especially if it's a reconned box.

It's a small block chevy block, not the ls1 but i have bellhousings for both types of gearbox. As far as i know they're interchangable but the gearshift position is slightly scewed on the 5 speed

Fantastic bargain, all in all including shipping and duty/tax it works out at £689.43 for the lot which is brilliant!

Bantambunny

Well-Known Forum User
Holley carbs have better parts availability for tuning purposes.
Please don't buy a carb with vacuum secondaries - you WILL regret it! Double pumper required. Give some more consideration to my suggestion of a spreadbore design for good street driveability / relative economy and the big kick when you open the back butterflies. I know you will need an adapter for the manifold (unless you specifically buy a spreadbore manifold).
What are you doing ignition-wise? Interested in an MSD 6 box??

When you say spread bore design do you mean as in the intake manifold itself? I'm still brushing up on all this terminology :smash:

Would this be a better choice?

Double%20Pumper%20intro.jpg

Mr.F

Inactive
Don't seem to be any spreadbore Holleys to match your cfm requirement. The 4150 series is fine.

Bantambunny

Well-Known Forum User
Cool, well i'll go for the 4150 with mechanical secondaries then so long as i'm not going ot be frying my tyres at every set of traffic lights :D lol

Any ideas on the clutch?

Mr.F

Inactive
I was never really in touch with clutches for V8 conversions - more into performance autos. Try a TH400 with manual valve body and trans brake with a 5000rpm stall speed converter...:devil:

Bantambunny

Well-Known Forum User
lol, you're forgetting it's already got a perfectly good MANUAL transmission in it :driving: :D

I was thinking a few hundred for a good clutch not 3k for a entire new gearbox ;)