Interest in adjustable dampers

twoforty

Well-Known Forum User
How many people would be interested in top adjustable dampers to fit a 240 or 260z? They would be oil type with adjustable rebound, adjusted from the top (8mm nut) direct replacement for the standard size or custom length. I can get some very good prices on these as the Compnay next door can make them.

I'm looking at buying a set of adjustable shock inserts at the moment, So I'd be interested if the price was good or at least comparable to what I can import a set from the states for.

Rob

Just talk to the guy next door and he said around the £130 mark each. Is that Cheaper than the ones from the US?
He can make pretty much any size/length, will just need a sketch with all the dimensions on.

Is that Cheaper than the ones from the US?

I just paid £319 delivered for a set of these>

(a set of 4 ( 2 BZ3015 Front, 2 BZ3016 rear) Tokico ILLUMINA 5 way externally adjustable shocks to fit 1970 To 1974 Nissan 240Z AND EARLY 260Z All models)

I'm sure I'll get stung for vat/duty when they arrive but they're being sent with a lower value so it wont be to painful :cool:.

As far as I know they're nearly £600 over here which I just couldn't afford or justify at the moment, We all want a bargain after all don't we ;).

Rob

£319 sounds like a good deal if they do the job. I can't remember how the Vat/duty is worked out. Is it 10% duty on the goods and VAT on the lot?

£319 sounds like a good deal if they do the job. I can't remember how the Vat/duty is worked out. Is it 10% duty on the goods and VAT on the lot?
It's like that over here except of the vat, here it is 25%:( and you also have to pay tax/vat of the shipping price.
Have there ever been looking in to if there is some other car shocks that will fit?

Chris

25% :(
What I like about the Protech shocks is the fact you can service them....very easy to open them up to change a leaking seal or change the oil.

I just paid £319 delivered for a set of these>

(a set of 4 ( 2 BZ3015 Front, 2 BZ3016 rear) Tokico ILLUMINA 5 way externally adjustable shocks to fit 1970 To 1974 Nissan 240Z AND EARLY 260Z All models)

I'm sure I'll get stung for vat/duty when they arrive but they're being sent with a lower value so it wont be to painful

These just arrived and I have to pay £20 vat/duty :eek::lol::lol::lol:.

So that £339 all in, Bargain!!!!

Rob

Back