How-To - Z32 PCV FULL Delete | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

How-To - Z32 PCV FULL Delete

Discussion in 'Z32 300ZX' started by Mr HollowPoint, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Mr HollowPoint

Mr HollowPoint Well-Known Forum User

So a while ago I did my PCV Delete. Thought I'd post the how-to

You could potentially do this with the plenum on, but I'd recommend removing it. If nothing else, it's an excuse to do the water bypass, EGR delete, etc. once it's off.

You will need,

7mm socket + extension for jubilee clips
    3m 16mm ID Oil Hose (I've used stainless braided, Silicone is fine for this)
    1 catch tank - I've used 'the small catch tank', you may wish to use a big one
    some 16mm Hose blanks (Bolts work, but they're not pretty)
    1 x 16mm T Piece

So, starting with the pictures then, the drivers side only has the intake cam cover pickup, so we cut a small section of the 16mm ID hose and blank it off, then bolt it to the accordion hose for the turbo. We connect a big length (About 1.5 - 2m) of the 16mm ID hose onto the pipe coming off the intake cam cover pickup and route it round the back of the engine. You may not have much space unless you've deleted the EGR etc.

[​IMG]

Next we move around to the passenger side. We connect a much shorter length of the 16mm ID hose to the passenger side intake cam cover pickup and then join the two lengths together with a T-Piece. You can also see in this picture, that the two original PCV pickups on the passenger side exhaust cam cover are looped, with a single piece of silicon hose.

[​IMG]

Finally, we connect another piece of hose, to the T-Piece, in my case, enough to run along the side of the engine, through the whole for the intercooler piping and out under the headlight to connect the breather filter. In the middle of this hose, I will be putting my small catch tank and will take a picture of it when it's fitted. Any larger oil catch tank will not fit next to my battery, however if you have a smaller battery, or a relocated one, it may well fit a 1litre one, as mine only just didn't fit.

[​IMG]

And that's it, PCVs deleted, engine breathing the same way all engines did before the 80s and having road tested it, I do get some crank case smell in the cockpit, so will be moving it this winter whilst the engine is out, to a location nearer the ground and less likely to stink me out of the car when driving, lol. I believe adding a catch tank would reduce the smell too, but mine never turned up.

Attached Files:

2. DBnathan

DBnathan Well-Known Forum User

Glad to see you have put this up Alex, i was wondering what the large bore pipe was in your engine pull pics

3. Mr HollowPoint

Ah! So all is now revealed :D

4. DBnathan

About time pmsl

5. Mikey Bean

Mikey Bean Well-Known Forum User

on my long list of things to do aswell

6. DBnathan

you have a long list then Mikey

7. Mikey Bean

not the only long thing i have lol

8. Mr HollowPoint

Needs to buy a car yet, so yes he does! :D

9. DBnathan

Needs to stop dreaming about supposed long things and buy a zed then

10. Mikey Bean

building my engine first lol

11. DBnathan

lol mate

12. Mikey Bean

omg omg omg check out my new avater. lmfao

13. Mr HollowPoint

14. Mrs HollowPoint

Mrs HollowPoint Well-Known Forum User

CHIPMUNK!!!

I love chipmonks. I was in Yellowstone park at 10yr old in the States and met 2 chipmunks personally... we are almost penpals now

15. Mikey Bean

its a hamster

16. Mrs HollowPoint

Mrs HollowPoint Well-Known Forum User

Blah :smash: fail then

17. Mikey Bean

lmao, ninja hamster