HELP! LPG autogas fitting help/advice needed...

qunvat

Well-Known Forum User
Hey all,

....bought a '99 Volvo V40 estate Fri, converted to gas....drove around for 2 hours and...POP!....and the gas died.

Nearly choked myself to death working out how to fill the tank up but it still didnt work, I think a pipe or valve has popped out....hope it's something simple.

No warrenty so I've used it on petrol and it seems like a top motor for the money, not a scratch on it.Feels like new.

...I aint got a clue how any of this works so I took it to a fella in Cardiff yesterday who kinda grunted and said..."A thousand pounds and a 2 year guarantee mate..."

Jesus.

SO.....does anyone know anyone (who knows anyone) who I can go see who may be able to give me an HONEST assessment?....does/has anyone done their own conversion?

I live in S.Wales but dont mind a drive.....

HELP!

Si

:280Z: si. iv done gas convertions on my range rovers there not very complicated really. what type of system is on your car is it a closed loop or does it use an emulator/pitigora?? is that spelt wright?? to fool the injectors?? is it 1 you can start on gas or do you need to switch it over when its running? all the copper pipes should be flare fittings so should,nt pop off.

martin w

:280Z: si. just remembered this guy hes in wales someplace??? fes tel 01286 882097 think the guy is called nick?

martin w

Back