GT-R Prototype Revealed - Tokyo

I have to say I love the look of the GTR prototype, however, it is very reminiscent of some other cars, it looks like bits have been taken from here, there and everywhere and glued together.

ZHead said:
I have to say I love the look of the GTR prototype, however, it is very reminiscent of some other cars, it looks like bits have been taken from here, there and everywhere and glued together.

You mean a typical Japanese car design then?

Ooooh, did I just say that, somebody slap my wrist quickly!! ;)

Overall, to me it just seems a bit pointless, definitely not in the same league of silliness as a R34GTR.

Cheers,
Rob

Pointless may not be the right word, I would think it has been designed solely to sell and make money, even if the GT-R form is the low selling, exclusive model which launches all of the models us normal folk can afford.

From that standpoint it will probably be very successful, spearheading sales across the globe, however, from a "what is new or different" standpoint you may be quite right. It may be "pointless" in terms of engineering boundary stretching but I very much doubt it - dashed clever folk those designers at Nissan. :D

well seeing as , if i'm right that the r35 skyline and 350z use the same platform , could nissan be trying to merge the two cars into 1 or has anyone heard that an r36 is on the cards , either way it still looks tops

Back