Fuel Tank Wiring

Amazombi

Well-Known Forum User
Hi everyone,
I have a problem with connecting the wiring to the Fueltank. There are three cables. Blue, yellow and black. For those blue and yellow one I`m sure they are at the right place but the black one I dont know...
Any thing what I missed?
Thanks a lot for any help.

Attachments

• 240Z Tankverkab..jpg
    240Z Tankverkab..jpg
    482.7 KB · Views: 21

Mr.F

Inactive
Yellow and black are for the sender - yellow runs to gauge; black to ground (earth). The blue (I think) is power to the optional electric fuel pump fitted in hot climate cars.
Test the wires for continuity - black to earth should show continuity; yellow to yellow at back of fuel gauge should show continuity. Test the blue for +12V with battery connected and ignition on - on a car never equipped with an electric pump you should find that the wire is dead, however. I suspect you just need to tape the blue back into the loom...

Amazombi

Well-Known Forum User
Thank you very much, I`ll try that.:bow:
Another question, I`ll run triple Weber with a elecktik fuel pump. Do you think I can use the blue one for the (not original) pump? In fact its an "Red Facet".

Mr.F

Inactive
I would run fresh wiring via an ignition controlled relay for your Facet pump - ideally through an oil pressure switch so that it would cut out if the engine stopped (or oil pressure dropped to zero!). I don't think the original fuel pump wiring was connected in the car, so the circuit would be dead - test it just in case!

rhanagar

Well-Known Forum User
I had to run a separate ignition live for my fuel pump in a previous Z31 before now. I even fitted a kill switch in case of accident and added overnight security.