Fuel Tank needed

tch911

Well-Known Forum User
Hello all,

My 1979 260Z 2 seater coupe has failed it's MOT on a leaking fuel tank.:(

Any tips, welding it up sounds like a nightmare?

Alternatively does anyone have a leak free fuel tank that'll fit my car that they'd like to sell me? I'm not too worried about a spot of surface corrosion, just needs to be LEAK FREE!!

Thanks a lot,

Tom

Just make sure you source one from a LATE 260.
The early 260z is the same as the 240Z tank.....and WONT fit.
Pity really as I have one for sale.

Tom have got a 1970 240z tank from my Arizona Import Car do not know if they will swop over 240z - 260z PM me your tel number

Did remember seeing a couple on ebay a week or two ago...I THINK the seller was samuri-240...... worth trying him. I am pretty sure they were late 260 ones too.
Ian

I have my old tank from my 240 spare its not great condition though. Once my metal work man has made my alluminium copy of it, it will be available.

maximG, do you have any pics of your car from the front? I want to see what your spoiler looks like in silver....thinking of painting mine. Cheers. Looks great by the way.

twoforth wrote:
do you have any pics of your car from the front? I want to see what your spoiler looks like in silver....thinking of painting mine. Cheers. Looks great by the way.

Stuck a better picture of the Avatar in my gallery. Not sure how long it takes to process.

Mike B

Thanks! guess it looks good in black or silver on a silver car. My main problem with my spoiler is its not deep enough(too high off the floor).

sorry to hijack your thread Tom

Back