Forum Slowness

Lets Drift

Well-Known Forum User
okay I've not posted much on Zclub due to one issue

It's slower compaired with other forums I use. :conf2:

I've been using Internet explorer version 6.

Well due to someone causing a major proformance issuse on another site(tis even slower than Zclub forum) I've tried downloading FireFox2 and use that as my internet browser.

I've just done a test I opened up zclub forum in internet Explorer version6 and one in FireFox2

The result

Zclub is going faster in FireFox 2 than in Internet Explorer Version 6

That's because it's optimised for Firefox mate. Internet Exploder is drummed into pc owners as the norm for browsing as it's Microsoft's way of cataloging what the world is doing. You should be running IE 7 if you feel the need to use IE as there are huge security problems with the older version now. Firefox is pretty much bulletproof because the hackers and ne'er do well's of the world are busy writing malware and nasty things for the mass market (and hugely relied upon) Internet Explorer.

just decided to have a look at this firefox thingy as you keep banging on about how good it is lol.... looks ok and its quite fast too got a few addons on it and i like it, so will keep using it for the next few days or so and see how it goes any tips for me???

cheers
martin

Firefox is awesome, version 3 is now out

http://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-3.0&os=win&lang=en-GB

Has some nice features. I also like Opera browser for my mobile phone (runs really well on n95).

IE is the devil when it comes to browsers. IE6 does some crazy stuff as well. IE7 is much better and IE8 isn't far away which should improve things.

If anyone has 2 minutes then go download and install firefox for free, you can import all your bookmarks and stuff from IE and you won't look back :)

Thank's Russ, I was using FF 2, which I liked, but I have just upgraded to version 3 via your link, and it's better. :thumbs:

Back