Firefox Browser Issues with Zclub Website

mikecart

Well-Known Forum User
Not sure whether this is actually any help to anyone, but I have had niggling issues with the Zclub website for ages back now when using Firefox.

Basically every now and then Forum pages are repeatedly rendered back as HTML source in the browser. They look a bit like the example below.

To fix the issue you need to manually remove the 'bbsessionhash' cookie and reload the page - this seems to work every time for me. (I have attached a screenshot of this too - on Firefox 1.5.0.1 it is reached via Tools>>Options, Privacy Button, Cookies Tab, View Cookies Button - then search for any zclub cookies, highlight the 'bbsessionhash' one then click remove)

Might be some help to anyone else who ever had/has the same issue ... ;)

Mike

Attachments

• Zclub-Problem---Example.jpg
    Zclub-Problem---Example.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Zclub-Problem-Cookie-Clear.jpg
    Zclub-Problem-Cookie-Clear.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 13
That's interesting Mike,

To be honest I spend no time testing with Firefox, but I do use it when IE is playing up (IE 7 beta is pretty flaky). However I haven't had that problem, although probably because I don't use it enough.

It looks like your Firefox isn't getting the entire page back, and I'm not sure why that'd be cookie related, bizarre. But if your fix works it works.

I'll bear in mind some people use FF in future, thanks :)

I run Firefox and have never had a problem...?
The only bug I've noticed is that copy and paste don't work when trying to quote in a reply in Z Club, but are fine on other forums...:unsure:.

But the point is that "select and right click" works elsewhere with Firefox - it is only the Z Club site that doesn't let it work and suggests changing the Firefox configuration....

I'm using Firefox v. 1.0.7 and I haven't encountered any problems so far, I can also copyi and paste easily.

Maybe you are using an older version?

I think that is half the issue - Firefox is great in many ways, but you can bet that most of us run different versions, skins and extensions, so it may be that we will hit different issues - I know I have something similar to Mr F. - my iTunes extension seems to kick in and decide to start playing music when I use CTRL+an arrow key while typing in posts on the Forum...

Mike - It might be worth installing the 'Copy as Plain Text' Extension in your Firefox - this definitely works from a right click for me ..!

Mike

Just get IE :) Saves all the hassle, IE7 Beta also does tabs and is what I'm running now :)

I use Firefox 'cos my friends who seem to be "in the know" wouldn't touch any form of IE with a barge-pole.

I've never had any probs with ZClub.Net tho'...

See that's the thing with FireFox, it's the "cool" thing to be using because "IE is so bad", well I only use IE, it's brilliant.

FF isn't the no1 browser and offers less compatability with most websites than IE will, and unless you're the person who sees a popup saying "Your PC needs a repair, click here to start" and clicks it infesting you pc then you'll never have any bother :)

Anyway that ends my pro MS rant ;)

FF isn't the no1 browser and offers less compatability with most websites than IE will
Tut, tut Russ - and you a webmaster too ;) - I always thought that websites should offer compatibility with browsers not t'other way around ...!:D

Seriously though, while I am from a pretty pro-Microsoft background I spent plenty of time working on early Netscape products and am used to Mozilla and so on from going back plenty of years, and while this was still developing (albeit haphazardly for a few years) IE pretty much froze in time - in part IE7 is a response to the growing popularity of other browsers, and a little choice in the market is a good thing all round too ...

Mike

mikecart said:
Tut, tut Russ - and you a webmaster too ;) - I always thought that websites should offer compatibility with browsers not t'other way around ...!:D

Seriously though, while I am from a pretty pro-Microsoft background I spent plenty of time working on early Netscape products and am used to Mozilla and so on from going back plenty of years, and while this was still developing (albeit haphazardly for a few years) IE pretty much froze in time - in part IE7 is a response to the growing popularity of other browsers, and a little choice in the market is a good thing all round too ...

Mike
You are absolutely bang on the money :) You can see it's reaction from Microsoft thinking "uh oh" and I thank Firefox for getting MS backside into gear.

Oh and yes websites should be compatible with browsers lol, but lately I have been using a lot of CSS and trying to get the same effect in both browsers is such a pain :D It's made me all bitter and twisted so now I just grumble and don't bother, although if people find problems with this website I'll happily pretend to look into it ;)

Back