Fighting the damp!

Russ

Club Member
Hi,

I know this can crack leather etc, but I don't have any so...

I'm trying to find those big canisters you can put in your car to absorb moisture. I think they are about a foot long, and just like the ones you used to get in the top of spaghetti tins. Full of crystals, leave em in your car, absorb all the moisture, you then oven dry them and they work again.

I spilt a bottle of water in my Omega and now that'll be steamed up every morning for the next two months, and it'd be nice to keep the Z dry inside with all the crappy weather.

Has anyone found these anywhere?

Cheers

Yeh thanks.

I remember seeing a car bubble you could buy that came with these metal canisters though, seem more permanent and reusable that those silica gel packs (although I do have a load at work come to think of it).

I'll try and find a pic of what i mean. Can you oven a paper bag of silica gel? In which case I could get a spaghetti tin and drill holes in it.

Yup, or go to your local "shoe world" type store... they have tons of them... you know the type of shop that pile the shoes high in jumble sale type barrells... Ask the sales staff if they have any spare, you can normally fill your pockets for free! :)

Back