February Japanese Performance

Mr Ex

Inactive
Next Month in Japanese Performance
HERE COME THE Z-CARS

Datsun 240Z GT-R goes Q-car with twin-turbo power 600bhp Evo III coupe, SEMA Show full report, Boost controller test and all the usual Japanese Performance favourites Why not subscribe today?

FEBRUARY 2009 ISSUE ON SALE 13TH JANUARY 2009

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 81
Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Ex

Inactive
im going off what is said on there website

Next Month in Japanese Performance
HERE COME THE Z-CARS

Datsun 240Z GT-R goes Q-car with twin-turbo power, 600bhp Evo III coupe, SEMA Show full report, Boost controller test and all the usual Japanese Performance favourites Why not subscribe today?

FEBRUARY 2009 ISSUE ON SALE 13TH JANUARY 2009

JakTheRuby

Club Member
Surely it'll be on the 12th. I certainly wouldn't want to wait any longer than that! That is a superb car as well. That engine looks so understated in there. Like it was meant to be. And that many horses in a car that's just under a tonne makes for some truly heroic performance.

bishopsrock

New Forum User
240Z GT-R - Japanese Performance Magazine Feature

240Z GT-R - Japanese Performance Magazine Feature

Yes its little old me!!!

I haven't managed to get any proper pics of my car up here yet - just pics of the odd part here or there as I needed help and advice.

Japenese Performance magazine was tracking my conversion through their close contact with Rod Bell at RB Motorsport. As soon as Rod told them it was finished, they took a look at it and then called me up to arrange a photo shoot etc. Funny, but they did it almost next door to Datsun Daves business - I even called in for a quick sandwich with him!

I know my car isn't as powerful as most RB26s around (Datsun Daves for one!). I have built a 36 year old 240Z street sleeper, which until you lift the bonnet, doesn't look anything special, but, there is no hiding the natural beauty and classic lines of a 240z.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, it is appearing in the February edition of Japanese Performance as stated below:-

Next Month in Japanese Performance​

HERE COME THE Z-CARS​

Datsun 240Z GT-R goes Q-car with twin-turbo power, 600bhp Evo III coupe, SEMA Show full report, Boost controller test and all the usual Japanese Performance favourites Why not subscribe today?​

FEBRUARY 2009 ISSUE ON SALE 13TH JANUARY 2009​

I Don't know whether this will be a one page or a two page etc - so don't hold me to anything, but I did make sure that I gave the ZClub a proper acknowledgement and I hope they print it - lets see??

Hey, who knows, someone who reads it might just think that its a good idea and start one themselves!

farstar

Well-Known Forum User
Andy

How are you mate! Cheers for the diff, its on and working well.

Andy's car is an absolute cracker, the stock exterior and interior exude the timeless beauty of the early S30's, that is until he floors it and all hell breaks loose!

Congratulations - your many years of effort, perseverance and wads of cash have created a motor most blokes would give an arm for!

Faisal

bishopsrock

New Forum User
Andy

How are you mate!

I'm fine thanks - glad the diff is ok - you would certainly have to look far and wide to find another like that.

The car is good too - although I can't do anything in this weather! Heyho, it will soon be spring and I am all up and running already.

Hey Rob - we will have to meet up soon to unite you with your alternator!

Cheers

Andy

bishopsrock

New Forum User
Out Next Week

Just a quick reminder for anyone interested - the mag with the article is out next week.

It may paint a good picture or they might just write me off as a tosser - who knows!

Anyway, if you live near me please don't do anything cruel like deliberately buying up all the copies!

Cheers

Andy

datsun dave

Club Member
Got mine a great 6 page write up (apart from the usual Albrecht Goertz press statement).

Best bit is its the main feature on a single car in the mag with the Z Club getting a shout.

Well done Andy.

zedhead260

Well-Known Forum User
Andy,

I bought my copy the other day - the car looks great, looking forward to seeing it later in the year.

I particularly like the white colour coded detailing in the engine bay - very unique.

Hope JP don't mind, but here's a taster of the article - very low resolution and blurred, so really you need to go and buy it.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Got mine a great 6 page write up (apart from the usual Albrecht Goertz press statement).

Yes, they gave him another totally undeserved namecheck - tempered with the "....inspired by......" issue sidestep. Nonsense, but due to be repeated for eternity just the same.

What's that comment about original Works rally car structure all about? ".....in the form of a pair of weld-on frame rails that join the front and rear chassis legs, just like on the original Datsun factory rally cars." Surely this is some kind of misunderstanding? The original Works 240Z rally cars had no such thing. Doubled-up chassis rails and added structural reinforcement gussets were only seen on Works rally 'shells after they had passed into private hands, and were gettting a big 'baggy', or had been dive-bombed into a few Scottish ditches.........

JakTheRuby

Club Member
Why does he get any space ever? He had nothing to do with the Z at any point. He oversaw the clay modeling stage of the Silvia and was 'approached' when Nissan thought about doing a 2000GT (which ended up with Toyota). I don't get where there is any link. One thing's for sure... Our Count knows a damn sight more about the Z and it's roots than his over-quoted name-sake.