easily fouled plugs... change plugs?

qunvat

Well-Known Forum User
Just a thought...it may be that my carbs are too rich BUT I do remember reading here about upgrading to these plugs.. BPR7ES 11 or BPR8ES 11 IF one (me) keeps getting badly fouled plugs.....

Has anyone tried it?...my set up is 280zx dizzy / engine with triple dellortos....could do with NOT having it turning into cowdung 5 minutes after tuning it (sounds like a JAG before it gets 'clogged')

cars are great wen they work right arent they, Si

I found the plugs on my motorbike were fouling up, due to short crappy journeys and it not getting a good run. I went from CR9EK to CR8EK plugs (the 8s being hotter, i.e. slower burn) and they are always the perfect colour now.

I'm not expert but it's probably running rich and isn't it better to sort the source of the problem rather than find a fix for it? :)

We bought a gas tester thing off ebay for £25 for my mates MGA, thought we'd done a reasonable job on the SUs, it was running stupidly rich, so we set it up with the gas tester, twice the car it was. Then we paid a pro to set them up properly and it was much better again, worth the money easily :) Lots better.

Cheers Russ ... will have a think later... yes carbs running too rich no doubt but also 2 barrels sucking too little (cannot rectify other than raise RPM to 900 or 1000 ) so wen tick over is very low at start up, I think the plugs are getting fouled then...hardly any air getting sucked in = little or no combustion....am I talking balls?

Si

Back