Crest Cars?......

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
Anyone heard of Crest Cars on the London Road, High Wycombe?
They have some 300ZX z32's for sale and I was wondering if they had a good or bad reputation at all?

Crest Cars

keitht6064

Active Forum User
Hi Jez, this is in response to the z32 na in Coalville, I was delivering to a joiners shop just around the corner from the garage yesterday, out of curiosity I walked around to garage to have a look, the car looked in very good condition,PS did you find a 280 in the end?

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
I'm thinking of getting another Z32 NA...Trouble with 280's is they're mostly rotten!!
Hope you're getting some use out of yours and not neglecting it for the TT;)
I'm not in a hurry to find a car....Just waiting for the right one to come along!

Z32dave

Well-Known Forum User
JEZ300Z said:
Hi,
Anyone heard of Crest Cars on the London Road, High Wycombe?
They have some 300ZX z32's for sale and I was wondering if they had a good or bad reputation at all?

Crest Cars

Hi Jez - I have been looking at one of the Z32's Crest are advertising on AutoTrader which looks attractive BUT - from the photograph I suspect the car may not be the year claimed. It is an 'L' reg (1994) but still has the seat belts on the door and I cannot see three point seat belts on the rear seats. This indicates it may have been manufactured 1989-1992 (Series I) and not be a series III which is what I am looking for. I still might go to see it and will check the year of manufacture in the various places it is shown on the car.

Of course I cannot be certain until I look but I suggest you take care.

You might like to look at this site (I only found out about it today) it has loads of useful info on the Z. 'www.300zx.org.uk/model_variations.htm'

Dave:conf2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Z32dave

Well-Known Forum User
Why hasn't my post on this subject that I entered an hour or so ago appeared here? Has someone sabotaged it!

Dave

Z32dave

Well-Known Forum User
O.K. I'll try again.

Yesterday I drove to High Wycombe to see the '1994 300ZX' being advertised in AutoTrader by Crest Cars. As suspected, although the car carried an 'L' reg, the car was NOT a 1994 (Series III) as it had a) front seat belts in the doors b) two point rear seat belts c) 'tweedy' not velour seats/interior d) etc....etc.

The labels had been cut from the seat belts (this is where their date of manufacture is shown). I removed one of the wheel centres and, to my surprise, the manufacture date was '01/94'!!

I will not repeat the comments I made on my previous post (removed?) in case the moderator doesn't like it again, I will just leave you to draw your own conclusion regarding Crest Cars.

Dave

ps Is that O.K. Mod?

Last edited by a moderator:

zedhead260

Well-Known Forum User
Dave, usually you'd get notified if something has been moderated - or it would have been edited with an explanation. I don't know of any moderation with regard to this thread so maybe we are still having technical difficulties (some post went missing last week due to server changes).