Crank Trigger Wheels

Mr.G

Club Member
As soon as I get my L28 put back together and it's back where it belongs, in the engine bay as opposed to on the engine stand, I would like to visit Dave Walker of Emerald to have a standalone ECU fitted.

Since the engine is out and the damper is off I would have thought that now would be a good time to fit a trigger wheel to the damper rather then do it later once the engine is in the car.

Can anyone recommend what to fit and what do you guys think of the trigger wheels produced by this company? www.trigger-wheels.com

Sorry I'm no help George, but...

Can this be used without an independant ECU? For instance can I get a trigger off the crank, much like you might swap a distributor for optical readings?

Basically I have the original dizzy on my engine and I'm not sure if it's really up to the job. I'll probably go with it to start and see, but I don't want to waste what I have if I get a crap spark.

At the bottom end of the scale, you can convert a 280ZX distributor to provide a suitable trigger signal for the Emerald ECU to work with normal spark distribution and a single coil. Otherwise, talk to Steve Kiddell - he has done it with multiple coil and distributor removed, observed some of the problems at first hand and will have a positive recommendation....

Back