Classifieds

Joe NI

Club Member
Hi all. I ve tried twice to upload an ad with thumbs in classifieds without success. I have filled out the form and submitted but no luck. Any ideas?:confused:

Are the pics big (pixel size-wise)? Can't think of any other reason. If you want you can email the images and all the bits you want in the advert and i'll see if I have more luck.

jaktheruby@yahoo.co.uk

cheers, Jakko

There are 6 images in my ad taken with an 8 mega-pixal camera set at 8mp. What size should i reduce images to to re-upload to lap-top ,there is a lot of adjustment on this camera 640 thru to 8mp....... Im new to the digital age !!!!:unsure:

For an advert 1/2 a megapixel (or 800 x 600 pixels) is fine. I could use an 8mp image for an A0 poster (very BIG!). That'll be why bud, the file sizes are huge.

Another option is to download some photo editing software and re-size the pics you have.

Up side is you will be able to tweak levels contrast, brightness, crop the pics etc and should end up with better results

Down side is you will have to learn how to use it and if you are a complete technophobe it might just be easier to take some more on a lower setting .:)

There are several free ones kicking about the only one I have looked at recently is the Gimp

I am afraid I can't comment on it from personal experience as I don't use it myself. I run Adobe Photoshop. (which is not free-cost from £60-£500 depending on version)

Hope this helps

Thanks guys got it sorted my camera was set way too high in terms of pixals.
Uploads went fine after resetting.

Back