Classic respray mistake ...

uk66fastback

Club Member
Saw this car on Hemmings' website. Looks to have had extensive bodywork which while not to everyone's taste, seems to have been well done. A respray has followed ...

Even the oversize rear spoiler might work if it is kept not to much in your face and from the front view it appears okay

But of course the size of the flat face of the spoiler when viewed from the rear looks enormous and if it had been in silver it might not have overpowered the lovely proportions of the rear of a standard car somewhat but the guy has made the mistake of painting it black like the rear panel, so in effect it looks like the back of the car has ONE ENORMOUS REAR PANEL!

Totally ruining the proportions of the rear. Added to which he has black sills which follow round the car so the rear valance i black also, making the rear seem SOOOOO DEEP!

Shame. :lol:

"Ah, this looks really good, I'm glad I went to all the extra work of grafting on this rear spoiler"

"Oh ******. Why didn't I keep the rear of it silver as well?!"

Below is how he SHOULD have done it IMO.

daily-datsun-vadriven-240z-6.jpg

I think you will find he was inspired by the samuri look---> wheel arches, spoiler, wheels etc:devil:

Agree, that rear end made even worse by those bumper bars..:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back