Chrome Windscreen/Hatch Locking Strip - Options?

Aceman

Well-Known Forum User
Hiya,

Looking at my car I took a while to notice it's missing the chrome inserts around the hatch and windscreen (the bit that fits into the rubber).

As I'm always averse to spending money unless I really have to, are there other options than replacing with the original style at something like £200?

I see www.route66bitz.com.au sells them (at $24 each - front & rear) but have no idea what I'd be getting from them as I can't see the item before purchasing!

I have seen a few Zeds though with non-original style chrome inserts, so they must be able to be gotten from somewhere??

Cheers!!

replacing with the original style at something like £200?

Original sets are available at £79.14 front and £115.40 rear (plus VAT) and probably plus 2.5% or so September Nissan price increase.

The stuff offered at Route 66 looks like aftermarket caravan window weatherstrip trim...

True, but my thinking is doing the bushes and getting it through it's MOT, or delaying the MOT to get original window trim...

The one at the tall ships meet:

DSCF0137.jpg

looked stunning and was using some aftermarket one.

They have a "Z Club" sticker too, so was hoping on here to direct me to what they used!!! :)

Back