Chevy powered Z32!

mantav8

Well-Known Forum User
Seeing as every V8 nut as posted here already!(hi Leigh,john!) thought I had better put me tuppence worth in!
Yep-I'm a little mad!, but hey I like Yank V8's and I know it's already been done
so that helped the decision!!
Basically the lump is a sbc 350 mated to a five speed Toyota R154 'box using a Dellow conversion,progress as been good upto now (crosses fingers!) and hopefully I should see end in sight very soon!-anyhow a few pics to give the jist.........
P6080007.jpg

P6120002.jpg

P6290007.jpg

P7070017.jpg

P7070018.jpg

P7210008.jpg

P8080014.jpg

That's about where I'm upto at the mo' but will keep posting as I ''progress'':rolleyes: !!!

Peach

Well-Known Forum User
Yes Daz, you are a little mad!!
Good luck wit the rest of the project - can't wait to see/hear it.

Just keep that infamous drill away from it!!! ;)

mantav8

Well-Known Forum User
Peach said:
Yes Daz, you are a little mad!!
Good luck wit the rest of the project - can't wait to see/hear it.

Just keep that infamous drill away from it!!! ;)
DRILL!.....ME!-LOL! Never!:eek: and like Kev and Bev said-''nice car''!;)

zeeman1972

Well-Known Forum User
Excellent more V8 craziness!

Welcome to the Hybrid section of this old boys club:D

You have got some nice goodies on that engine! Full Edelbrock Performer RPM Power package?

Look forward to further updates!

Mr.F

Inactive
That SBC looks so right in there! More than a little envious - my old SWB slicktop was bought with this in mind but just never even got started.....

What's the HP aim? Any other drivetrain mods? Going to run slicks? A little NoS? Drag Challenge Hybrid Class next year.....?

Russ

Club Member
Yeh have you opted for a package or choosing the bits yourself?

I agree it looks so right in there, nice to see you're taking your time on the engine before bunging it in as well :)

Keep us posted, and see you at the Pod I hope! (If I ever get there)

mantav8

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks for the comments guys!;) -in no particular order............Zeeman-99% performer, only the cam is changed!
Mr.F-No other mods to drivetrain untill up and running!-might need new brakes!
As for the Nos,drag thing, I haven't gave it much thought really!-I'm building this
for various reasons, but could all change in the future!-as for HP-If she knocks out 350, I'm more than happy!-it's that torque i'm after!

Russ-I think the first reply answers that but picking and choosing as I go along!
Cheers,
Daz.

Wyn

Club Member
Very nice
respecta.gif

How much power do those engines produce in stock form ?
Also, what is the Toyoto R12547894532/1 gearbox from ?
laugh.gif

mantav8

Well-Known Forum User
900ss said:
Very nice
respecta.gif

How much power do those engines produce in stock form ?
Also, what is the Toyoto R12547894532/1 gearbox from ?
laugh.gif
Hiya bud!-stock Chevy is about 190 bhp IIRC!-pretty pants!:unsure: but soooo easy to get decent power and cheap too!:D
The g/box is from the Mk3 supra turbo-apparently good for 400+ Ibs of torque
we will see!

Wyn

Club Member
What CC are those engines and what was it from? Cheap to buy over here?

The gearbox remote, is that part of the conversion kit or stock? Does the lever fall in the right place with that?

mantav8

Well-Known Forum User
900ss said:
What CC are those engines and what was it from? Cheap to buy over here?

The gearbox remote, is that part of the conversion kit or stock? Does the lever fall in the right place with that?
The 350 ci is 5.7 litre but the small blocks come in several different guises/capacities.There are usally some on E-bay but plenty of traders offer ''cut-outs'' for rebuilding, around the £500 mark I think.
The g/box remote was made by me!-the box fell well short of the ''hole'' so I extended it 7 inches!!
P6140005.jpg
:santa:

Wyn

Club Member
5.7 !! show off lol
respecta.gif

How can that only be 190bhp? Are they an old engine? 70’s 80’s
confused2.gif

Sorry for the odd Q’s but I know zilch when it comes to yank stuff. I know what Christine (film) looked like n that’s about it lol
laugh.gif

Is that a cast iron block then …. and inlet manifold?

I see the dizzy isn’t in the best of places.

Does that prevent the engine from going further back?

That remote/bellhousing looks well on that box tho
clap.gif

mantav8

Well-Known Forum User
Sorry dude-just seen this!:eek: My engine is circa 1979!-cast block, heads are ally but aftermarket-stock are cast too!

basically the hp is down to all the ''smog'' crap they fit in the states!:rolleyes: but loads of potential up to 1000 hp and beyond!!:eek:
As for the dizzy, that's a stock HEI unit, I figured if that fits- a performance jobby will deffo as they are much smaller! :D

Wyn

Club Member
Cool, master at work
respecta.gif

Well done m8. A high on any job is to hear your own work run :cool:
Now every time you get a little down
nonews.gif
just fire it up
rollwink.gif

Works for me
laugh.gif