Charity Track Day at Llandow

Mr.F

Inactive
The following might be of interest to track day demons:

Charity Fund raising Track Day
Llandow circuit
Saturday 28th October 2006.

I have secured the use of the Llandow circuit in South Wales for a track day on Saturday 28th October. The circuit is west of Cardiff at Cowbridge CF71 7PB – leave the M4 at J33.

This lovely little circuit is just under a mile long. Sharon and Tony Evans, the owners, have very kindly offered it to us almost free of charge, thus giving the opportunity for a substantial amount of money to be raised.

I propose to donate half the proceeds to the children’s cancer charity ‘The little Princess Trust’ www.littleprincesses.org.uk (registered charity number 1113172) which funds, sources and manufactures cosmetic wigs for children who suffer hair loss due to chemo and radiotherapy treatments. The other half of the proceeds will go to a charity chosen by Sharon and Tony.

The noise limit will be 105 dBs static and the maximum number of cars will be 25 with 8 out on the track for ten minute sessions, this will give each driver a fighting chance of one hour’s track time in the morning and the same in the afternoon. Two drivers can of course share a car at no extra charge.

Please take a closer look at the circuit via the website www.llandow.com where you will find a potted history, circuit map, directions and a list of local accommodation. The track is ‘compact’ but I can personally vouch that it is jolly good fun having sprinted there on a few occasions and survived several laps in the passenger seat of a 911 Turbo driven by one Jason Plato.

The cost of the day is £90 cheques should be made payable to Marc Wojtanowski and sent to 49A Upper Tulse Hill London SW2 2SQ. Remember only 25 places, so act quickly!

If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me on marc@wojy.demon.co.uk or call on 07971 200 667.

Mr.F said:
it is jolly good fun having sprinted there on a few occasions and survived several laps in the passenger seat of a 911 Turbo driven by one Jason Plato.

Mr. F. we are not worthy :bow: .

Two questions:

a) Are novices encouraged to come along? Will there be 3 different categories, eg Novice, Intermediate, and Old Hat?

b) Can Z Club members with Zs off the road bring alternative vehicles to the track?

I am simply umming and arrhging but it sounds very tempting especially due to the great cause it will be supporting.

George - please note the post is quoted from Marc Wojtanowski - it is him, not me who had that experience.

Phone the man and discuss your concerns / requirements - I'm only the messenger. Sorry.

(see - you are worthy after all!) :eek:

Back