Changing wheel studs

Black Bug

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,

Can wheel studs be changed without removing the hubs from the car? I have a bad feeling they can't but there's always an outside possibility right!! I believe getting the rear hubs apart is a bit of a nightmare?

Cheers,
Rob

Hi Rob, Hub,s will have to come off I,m afraid! unless you take the Bug to machinist/engineering toolshop they might do it on site.Your 240 might differ but the 260 rear hub,s have a Transverse link bolt (behind hub) which is a Bar-steward! I,ve got spare 260 front hubsx2 you can have with wheel-nut,s free,that,s if they are simular?..............DJZ 60. (See what anyone else think,s)

Yeah, I believe the rear hubs are the same with the nut on the inside :(

I'll happily take your front hubs though as I need 260 or later ones for when I do a brake upgrade, let me know how much you want for them. They've got the round flange (bit where studs stick through) rather then the scalloped shaped one used on the 240 right?

Are you about on Saturday, late morning-ish? I'm on the road darn sarf again with exciting ebay lawnmower in tow so I could detour to leicester no probs.

Cheers,
Rob

Rob, have you seen Tim,s rear suspension on X-member thread? my rear suspension was such a pain ,& in the end it was easier to drop diff rear mounting/front mounting and strut top,s. use a few jack,s to support weight and axle stands to support the ole' bug! this enable,s a bit of rear end spruce up! front hub,s(round flange).you can have these for nowt! with nut,s. I know you get up late(Lazy git!) Saturday fine, anytime apart from 12-3 p.m ( gotta take my little daughter to see "Girlie" film! it,s her birthday.What,s your route plan,s saturday? are you Huntingdon on sunday? contact detail,s on member,s thing..........DJZ 60.

Money saved better put to use on the old Bug!I got hub,s from Wes & he had Toyota 4 pot,s on these disc,s which he is putting on his 240. Thread/stud,s excellent disc,s may want an inexpensive skim,but o.k otherwise. He,s alright,Wes is,you,d get on with him with 240 muatualization. What Bhp is Lawnmower?....................DJ hedgecutter.

Oooh, I dunno, got to be at least 3bhp!! It's self-propelled don't you know, how cool is that, just need to train it to mow the lawn on its own ;)

I might have that lawnmower off you instead of trying to fathom out Jaguar 2" S.U,s(next project!) Tim,s helping me out on them. Train the misses to mow the lawn ..............DJZ 60.

Back