Brakes or lack there of....(servo required)

Zsled

Well-Known Forum User
..... Firstly i'd like to thank Mr Feeney for taking a call on a saturday afternoon when he's hosting a house warming....

I've had poor brakes on my Z since the day i bought it and was told that all i needed was a master cylinder to fix.

I should have waited for the previous owner to resolve when a master cylinder was going to become available....but against the wife's wishes i negotiated a further price reduction on the car to cover the cost and took the car anyway.

The car passed an mot with the brakes the way they were and to be honest i kind of drove around the issue for several months now.

Having fitted a new master cylinder today, my brakes are as bad as they've always been, so i placed a call to Mike....unfortunately Mike has diagnosed that my servo is knackered!:(

Does anyone have a spare Servo (preferably a working one ;-) ) that's surplus to requirements? it needs to be a 7inch one for a late 71 240Z.

And if anyone wants a Master Cylinder that's been fitted once and done 4 miles in total, please make me an offer!

Thanks in advance
Nick

Here you go.....
Email me at pmaczc@madasafish.com or call 07778 411568 if interested.
Maybe interested in the m cylinder;)

Attachments

• mar 2009 036 (Large).jpg
    mar 2009 036 (Large).jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 31
  • mar 2009 037 (Large).jpg
    mar 2009 037 (Large).jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 38
  • mar 2009 038 (Large).jpg
    mar 2009 038 (Large).jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 24
And bearing mind our earlier discussion you may ask why Peter has a tab of aluminium bolted across the otherwise open end where the push rod emerges...:)

Mr PMac

Can i give you a ring Sunday, say 11am?

and do you have one in red?:jester:

Last edited by a moderator:
Woohoo! I have brakes!!

PMac sorted me out after i originally measured mine incorrectly, thereby having too large a servo for the space available.

I have a hilux setup up front and boy do they bite, loads of feel through the 240 master cylinder too.
Now all i need is an exhaust, upgraded HT leads and some fuses to replace the one's i blew/lost in the process of refitting the brake pedal.

Happy days

Back