Brake Servo

Amazombi

Well-Known Forum User
Hello everybody,
I have a problem with the right brake servo. Exactly to find out which one I need. My Z wich I´m restoring was a 240 built in 1973, but after I found oute that the hole body just exist of rust I decidet to get a much better one. The thing is I dont know now from what year the "better" body is and as I can see in some catalog there are different Servo.:conf2: So, that I dont order a new, wrong one, would somone here be so kind and tell me the differences between does matter?:bow:
Maybe there are other holes in the iron where to fix it or there is more space between the clutch master cylinder and the brake servo:confused:
Does it make sence to buy a repaire kit for the servo?
Are there some "marks" on it where you can see that body just could fit one that Servo.
Thank`s a lot and best regards.
Joe:S30:

Mr.F

Inactive
Three sizes of brake servo were used on Z models, most easily recognised by their different diameters:

6" up to 06/72 - the only one a rebuild kit might be available for.
7.5" 07/72 on 240Z and all 260Z 2 seater
9" 10/73 on 260Z 2+2

I believe the upgrade from 6" to 7.5" can be achieved by redrilling the mounting holes in the bulkhead. The 9" conversion is also possible, but may require a bit more work. Varieties of the 9" version were also used on the 280ZX and these can be adapted also - the later 280ZX had a 1" bore master cylinder and this, combined with the relevant servo, is the top upgrade.