Bike racing

Russ

Club Member
Seeing as there is no dedicated thread for this here we have a bike racing thread, BSB, WSB, Moto GP and if you're super keen the American Superbikes as well (Neil Hodgson).

Anyway anyone who missed the motogp today missed out! About average race until 1st place changed hands about 5 times on the last two laps! :D

Bit dubious as to what happened on the last corner, looks like Rossi was going to run wide anyway, one foot off the pegs speedway style :D

I vote in favour of Rossi as it looks like Gibernau rode into him and was going in too hot anyway, lets hope Rossi doesn't get bitchy like last season, Gibernau is very restrained!

Awesome racing

the last two laps were awsome, beats f1 hands down..... the last corner was a fair fight!..........go rossi!

Rossi did a strong manuvere but there was nothing wrong with it, gibernau was well aware that Rossi was there and was going to have a go!!

Best last 2 laps i have ever seen.

If i was wearing a hat, i'd take it off to them both!! :D

rossi did nothing wrong
rubbing is racing
he had the line as most people agree,gibernou made a desperate stab at gettin back infront after leaving the door open

If Sete had had the inside line going into the final corner I'm sure he would have pulled a similar manoeuvre!! Cracking race

The 125s were also a pretty good but looks like the 250s has it's winner before the season has got under way!!

Rossi went in to hot and lost it. He was just lucky sete was there to stop him. It was a racing incident with the 2 best riders in the world. I wish Rossi had of handled it better, I think he was quite disrespectful to Sete, but it sure does make for an exciting championship.
I hope max can get to terms with the repsol bike and do better in qualifing and nicky stays on in the next race.
SHAKEY IS A GOD

I know sod-all about bikes (sorry) but I reckon those lad must have cast-iron balls the size of spacehoppers to do it.

I only caught the last few laps on telly, but boy was it worth it!

TL

I think we may have a convert in Tony! Make sure you watch it next time :)

I think Sete stopped Rossi going into the gravel as well. Rossi is disrespectful and ought to be more careful. Last season he lost some fans from it. If he was more like Sete is off the track he'd be perfect.

Sete should have held back behind and watch Rossi go wide and had him up the inside, he's got the squirt in the bike to do it :)

If Rossi had of gone up to Sete as soon as he pulled up and shook his hand instead of giggling with his "specail friend" alot of people would have thought a lot better of him.
Roll on Portugal.

oohhh do i detect some anti rossi fans???? that last corner was a classic big balls manouvre. there is alot more to just riding the bikes, rossi goads all his rivals and they all fear him now to the point when one of them gets in front they make mistakes knowing he will be on a charge.

There are lots of dirty tricks done on the track, one sete did about 5 laps from the end was to slam the throttle shut mid corner after allowing rossi to catch up in a vain attempt to have rossi off,normally the bike behind would clip the rear tyre of the bike infront and this would take the front away, rossi stood on the brakes and ran wide to prevent him comming off.

i think my favourite one is when you get on a straight and your side by side, take your foot off your footrest and change gear for them, it always works a treat!.....lol

I like Rossi, I always cheer him, even over the Brits, but I think he's become a bit of an arse, I'd prefer it if he was more diplomatic, less Italian maybe and more British? :)

Another one is when side by side grab their front brake :) (not too hard of course!) That was always fun on my 50 against other mates on 50s, you'd just edge past having slipstreamed for about a mile lol and then you'd be way in front :) I had an RS50 of course so I was naturally fastest, shame I'm 6'3" and looked like an ape on it :(

If you caught the longer clip, it all started at the previous corner (or previous apex in the same corner, couldn't see which) - Rossi stuffed it up the inside and it was so close to lowsiding he took his left foot off the peg (or it slipped) and started to drift wide. Sete went wider still to avoid a touch.

But then at the next apex (still turning left), Sete tried to tighten up into the corner and slice in front of Rossi thinking, maybe, that the near-lowside would have caused Rossi to back off (or thinking this is my last chance to get the lead back). But Rossi by then was already in the space Sete was aiming for and wouldn't back off. Fairing clatter, sixpence/shilling moment and runs wide.

Both have gonads of the finest unobtanium and unparalleled bike control but I think that Rossi can get just that little bit closer to the edge - controlled madness. Bit like Schumacher or Mansell in that regards.

i would love to see rossi in a f1 race, didn't he do a test in shumie's car last year and was something like .30 of a sec behind shumis time and that was his first ever drive in one.

thats right grolls he did
so throw shumie out of the ferrari and put in rossi
then maybe ferrari can get back on top
what do you think cos lets face it shumie cant drive the ferrari this year as under braking into a left hander he chooses to turn right and go off roading

it may sound strange but you really cant belive how fast they are actually going, i raced bikes and did well at it, lead a national championship until i broke my ankle but still finnished 4th and this lot would lap me in 10 laps. even a very fast road rider gets a massive shock at his/her first race meet. the weirdest thing is that a day before your meeting you start thinking about where you will take xxxx rider and what if? i found i got so tense i became down right rude and aggresive( so my wife and mates told me) i think many riders do the same, its a shame but bike racing is very underated and compared to F1 its a million miles ahead, its just a shame they dont earn the same money because boy do they deserve it!roll on rossi in F1

Its nice watching Steve P taking the bikes around before a race!

Utmost respect to anyone quick on a track, I struggle on the road at sedate speeds! :D

I think bike racing is getting more popular, but until more people ride bikes than cars it probably won't catch F1 up :(

moto gp is on bbc2 tonight at 1130... its gonna be a corker as rossi hasn't been their before( laguna seca)

hayden on pole and rossi 2nd but .33 of a sec a lap behind. geeze thats alot. if hayden doesn't get too flustered by rossi and fall off he should take the flag. i suspect hayden will dissapear and rossi will be held up by barros,edwards and bayliss but will finnish 2nd after a bit of fairing clashing.

Nice reminder! Cheers.

Well whats going to happen is Rossi will start slow, drop back to 4th, Hayden will stick it in the gravel, Rossi will work his was to second once his tyres are warmed up, then 3 laps to go, he'll turn it on and see ya later boys!

Same ol same ol :)

Back