Big turbo

acer80

Forum User
Hello i want to upgrade my turbos so they have more of a kick the car is standard and i want to upgrade them but i dont want to have to spend loads on other upgrades
any help out there.

Buy the way its a nissan 300 zx tt 1992 import.

mojo2018

Forum User
Others may disagree with my logic and you'll have to make up your own mind as to my sanity!!

Put some bleeders before the actuators and wind the boost up slightly!!! This would certainly give you more power and more kick in the back (don't need turbos till serious mods going to be done). Really though you would find ripping the Cats out would make a big difference and allow the engine to run freer. An induction kit would help too. Decent dump valves would also help marginally with lag (really they just sound cool!!)

I've got a 1990 UK tt. Two friends of mine own imports. All of us have done this (exept the dump valves on one thats John, he's too old for all that noise!!).

Oh yeah need a really good quality boost gauge to check it!! Be warned increasing Boost too much will cause it to run lean at high boost!!! when it runs lean at best case the car will pink, worst case the increase in cylinder temperature will cause the pistons to melt or you'll blow the head gaskets or just do some other really nasty expensive thing to break!!!

My friend above owns a garage in gloucester email me if you want their phone number they have been playing with them for years might be able to give you some better recomendations.:eek:

Mr.F

Inactive
Induction first, exhausts second (with de-CAT if age allows), boost with ECU chip third. Keep the boost modest and fit a boost gauge that will give you some real-world information. Tried and tested route to worthwhile safe horsepower increase.