Autosport International (56k Modem Beware!)

friday

Well-Known Forum User
Went to the Autosport International show at the NEC last Sunday and here are the resulting photos for your delectation. All in all it was a great show: a stunning array of cars (the JPS F1 car took me back...it was my favorite Scalextric model when I was knee high to a grasshopper! :D) and a cracking arena display (nice to see the drivers actually going for it for a change...even the classic rally cars were jostling and jockeying for position despite being on a ridiculously small track!)

Thinking about it, I can't really give the title of my personal "car of the show" to just one car. In my opinion it was split between the Aston Martin DB9R and the Maybach Excelero (the IMO one of the greatest car designs to come along for quite some time)...Oh, and yes, that is my darlin' Lucie next to the Hummer (her personal favorite!)

AutosportInternational2006008.jpg

AutosportInternational2006012.jpg

AutosportInternational2006015.jpg

AutosportInternational2006016.jpg

AutosportInternational2006017.jpg

AutosportInternational2006010.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the pics, we seem to miss this show every year and yet again it looked a good one!!

...and these pics only show a small number of the vast array of desirable cars on display, but don't even touch on the product displays and demonstrations and the wealth of information that anyone remotely interested in cars can gather in one short day :rolleyes: - a group of us was there for the trade day on Friday for eight hours and still didn't see everything! Report in next Z Club mag, as the 2006 350Z Roadster was on display as well as a Veilside kitted 350 on one of the exhaust manufacturer's stands. Plus all the 2006 F1 cars in their new liveries. Plus some outstanding drag machinery. Plus all the pretty girls for trade days....:cool:

What no pretty men? Pleased I didn't go after all!

(and no, z Club members do not count)

Mr.F said:
...and these pics only show a small number of the vast array of desirable cars on display, but don't even touch on the product displays and demonstrations and the wealth of information that anyone remotely interested in cars can gather in one short day :rolleyes: - a group of us was there for the trade day on Friday for eight hours and still didn't see everything! Report in next Z Club mag, as the 2006 350Z Roadster was on display as well as a Veilside kitted 350 on one of the exhaust manufacturer's stands. Plus all the 2006 F1 cars in their new liveries. Plus some outstanding drag machinery. Plus all the pretty girls for trade days....:cool:
Very, very true! Didn't manage to get to the Paddock area and I'm sure I missed out on a load of other stuff! I remember those two 350's but for the life of me I can't think why I didn't get the camera out for them...slap my bad self ;)

suzy said:
What no pretty men? Pleased I didn't go after all!

(and no, z Club members do not count)
With a tail wind and poor light I apparently look like Cliff Richard (circa "Summer Holiday" rather than "Mistletoe and Wine" period)...do I get an exemption?

(maybe a mercy killing might be more appropriate. :D ;))

Now I DO like the Maybach, a very striking design. Reminded me a little of the Cadillac Sixteen, mainly in proportions.

Nice pics Leigh, thanks mate :).

Back