Anyone got an R200 lying around?

Black Bug

Well-Known Forum User
Hey folks,

I need a dimension for one of my crack brain ideas but annoyingly my R200s are up in Cheshire and I'm not.

As per the pic, I need to know the distance from the centre of the front mounting bolt hole to the back face of the diff cover.

Cheers,
Rob

Attachments

• r200.jpg
    r200.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 50
Something possibly along the lines of this slight redesign of things.

Thanks for the measurement Andrew. It almost scarily means that I've measured everything up correctly on the car!!

Cheers,
Rob

Attachments

• comb3.jpg
    comb3.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 43
Something that's stronger and will last a lot longer that the nasty rusty bits of tin foil I pulled of my car the other weekend that were pretending to be a rear subframe.

I'm also going to be using a short nose R200 from a 200SX so I needed to come up with a way of locating that in anyway, hopefully this will kill two birds with one stone and add some extra rigidity to the rear chassis.

Cheers,
Rob

I'd thought about the 200sx diff as its so easy to get and comes LSD, and I can't think why noone has got it to fit before. Keep us posted.

I know where your coming from with rusty bits. Just blasted a mustache bar and you see more metal lost to corrosion than metal left behind, must be time to star worrying.

Yeah, I picked this diff up for £30, although it wasn't an LSD I have since fixed that though. The main problem with the short nose diffs is figuring a way to secure the front of it and how to deal with the CV shafts. If it's a viscous diff and 99.9% of 200SX ones are then you're stuck with the output shafts as they're a different length and spline pattern to the R200 that came in some Zs. It's a bit of a headache that generally involves a bit of creativity and money to get around unfortunately. it's not like there isn't enough to spend on the car as it is ;)

I know what you mean about blasting taking more metal than it leaves. I did all the bits I took off, that's when I decided I needed to start from scratch. Ho hum!

Cheers,
Rob

Back