Anti Roll Bars

Fronts are transferable; rears have a stepped kink for 240Z and are straight for 260Z so not exchangeable 260 to 240. However, a stepped 240 bar might work on a 260...??

Speaking of anti-roll bars, how much difference would an uprated set make to the handling of a basically stock 240? (KYB inserts slightly lowered and stiffened). It does have quite a bit of roll at the moment - would be nice to lose a bit without upsetting anything else.

I think everyone who has fitted uprated anti-roll bars will tell you it is the best handling mod of all - roll reduction, secure cornering car, better tyre placement, urethane ends transmit forces more effectively, yet no decrease in ride comfort.

Applies to all models too - 240Z to Z33.

With some versions you can fine tune the effect to be neutral, promote understeer or promote oversteer - your preference.

Anti roll bar bits

Mike,

Can you get hold of the nuts/bolts that secure the tension rods to the top of the control arms?

Also, the plates that go between the chassis rail and the anti roll bar bushing?

Bryn

Nuts and bolts should be no problem, but A/R plates are probably no longer available...

Thanks Mike. What (over)size bars are available - or is it a case of upgraded bars being same radius but different material / strength / flexibility?

I import sets which are (for the Z and 280ZX models) 1" front and 7/8" rear - all at £229.95 + VAT, inc. all mounting hardware.
Adjustable end link assemblies are an optional extra at £44.95 + VAT a pair - these provide two alternative points of alignment to adjust stiffness.

Also available for Z31, Z32 and Z33 in various specifications.

Mr.F said:
Nuts and bolts should be no problem, but A/R plates are probably no longer available...

Mike, could I order a set of these nuts/bolts please.

Also, don't sweat about the TCA bolts, I have some I can use.

Thanks again

Bryn

Nuts / bolts on order tomorrow for you. Two "California clean" TCA bolts jump on a plane for you today (allegedly).

Back